Part 77 ~ Determination

Askell had never in his life been in so much pain, the weight of the alligator would make in crash in mere seconds, he would be lucky if he had a minute to spare, he was determined not to give up, his mate needed him, she was still alive, for he could still feel her, she was the only thing that pushed him to prevail and not give up, he had to save her, he had no idea if any of her mates knew what had happened, it was very likely that they had their own problems to deal with and could not get to Alma, he was the closest, it would take them a while to figure out the right direction anyways while he knew where he had let her go.

He watched the alligator, clinging to his leg, waiting for him to give up and fall, he would not give him what he wanted. He used his other leg and pierced one eye of the alligator, it was all he could do, still the vile creature did not let go even though he had pierced one eye out of his socket, he was determined and went into attack mode, he swirled in the air, he was fast and he knew what he wanted to do, he took out the other eye of the creature while stabbing the soft belly of the alligator with his peak, the battle was fierce but he was relentless, he had to fight with everything he had. He stabbed the abdomen of the creature again and again until, the alligator did the only thing it could do, he knew he was loosing and he wanted his enemy to go down with him so he used his last strength to bite off Askells leg, then he fell down dead into the sea. Askell had won the battle but lost his leg, he was now of no use to anyone, he felt but he had to save his mate, he could let go when she was safe, he told himself again and again to prevail, that he could do it but his body just could not do more, he had lost so much blood, he fought with all his might, to keep on flying, he had to get to her, he just had to find her but it was of no use, his wings stopped flying and his body stopped moving, he could feel himself falling towards the sea, the last thought he had was of his beloved, hoping against all hopes that she was still safe.

The stalker had no time to think, no time to make a strategic move, he had to hope that the beast would not lead him and Alma to their demise. He was hesitant, he had never in his whole life had to rely on anyone's help to survive and if he did not have Alma he would not have accepted the help of the stranger but the jellyfishes were everywhere and he had no time to fight them nor did he have the ability to swim faster than them with Alma in the bubble. The stranger told him he would help him guide Alma out since he could use his hand while swimming, the stalker had no hands to use in his form and it would not work putting her in his mouth since his sharp teeth's would instantly crush the bubble helping her to breath, the only thing that could break her bubble easily was himself or a beast stronger than him and he would not take any chances with her. She might still be hurt so he had to treat her and the bubble gently. The beast could swim very fast while guiding the bubble, he could make his palms stick to the bubble so he would not loose her in the escape, he was one of the fastest swimmers in the sea, the stalker could keep up but still he had a little trouble keeping up the pace. They were at last not in danger anymore so they stopped. The beast told him that his minions had told him that something had happened in the sea where the jellyfishes usually lived, he was told the ground had shaken and an opening had been created, with the opening the sea had become too hot for the jellyfishes to live so they had to move or die, the beast was also told that it seemed like the temperature was still too high but since they were far from the opening they should be safe. The stalker was relieved that the sea temperature here was not to the liking of the jellyfishes so they would be on their way fast, he had no idea what they would do though, assassins prey did not like changes at all in their environment so they might linger and wait for the temperature in their old home to stabilise, he had no way of knowing, he hoped they would just go far away from him and Alma, Alma would not be safe with them around and he knew with the big bird that this opening had affected the assassins prey on land too, he just hoped her village would survive the horde, he would keep her safe until she could go back but it would be best if he could let at least one of her mates know where she was and that she was safe so he could score brownie points from her males and her also.