Part 60 ~ Making a home

Everybody had been working hard to make as many homes as possible for winter. They were fortunate to have the caves but a lot of beasts did not have a cave or a home to stay at so they made camp and slept in tents, it was decided to rent homes for the elderly beasts in the town and they would stay there until their home was ready, this arrangement was the best choice. It was decided that six to ten beasts would live together in their home, there would be at least two elderly living with the younger beasts and the younger beasts would help them, in return they got a free home, free protection, help with food if needed and had access to a healer, this was a very good deal for everyone, Alma was sure this was the best she could do for them at the moment, the lesser home they had to build the better, they had a lot of help from the workers Keith hired, they were skilled and worked fast, still the homes needed to be well build so it would not crack down from the brutal winter. Keith had taught all the workers how to build a stove, Alma had told him to teach as many as he could so many more would benefit from it, every home had a stove and a every bedroom had a hearth, this would make every home much more liveable.

First thing Keith had done after embracing Alma was to show her their house, Alma was very impressed, they had got so much done in such a short time, their house was very big, with many bedrooms and he had also made a room Alma called the bathroom. Alma had told him there needed to be dug a very deep hole and there had to be another entrance to that hole, she told him to make a sack that could hold faeces, she told him that the sack had to be deep and it had to withstand alot of weight without caving, Keith could thing of nothing but the spiders web, it would be very easy for the spider to make a very deep sack that he could fasten in the walls. Alma told him that the sack had to be replaced regularly, that is why they needed another entrance to the hole, this was just a small matter and was easily done by moles, the entrance to the hole was made big enough for a beast to walk into and collect the sack and put in a new one. Keith smiled just thinking of it, what a nice job for the spider, this would be one of his jobs, just thinking of the spider collecting the faeces put him in a good mood.

Alma told him to make the bathroom pretty big, since she wanted to have two baths, one very big that four beasts could use and one fit for two. She also told him she wanted something called a shower. It is where you can bathe standing up, she told him she would use the water from the lake, she had shown him how to make some-kind of pipes, Alma had been looking for the right wood to use for the pipe and she found a tree that had what she was looking for, it was very dry and hollow on the inside so Keith did what she asked, he made the pipes, with the help of the spider, the spider connected all the wood together and made it so that no water would leak from it, it was not a hard job since the house was so near to the lake and to their surprise it worked, the water would run straight into their home, this was amazing and would make their life so much easier, especially Alma's. They made two pipes one for the shower and one for the wash basin. Keith had thought it would be a big problem to stop the water from running but it really was not Alma made it stop by filling the hole with the same wood, you just had to take the wood out and the water would flow until it was filled. Alma had Keith make a thing Alma called toilet, you put it over the hole and then you sat on it and did your business, it was rather strange to Keith, he was not sure if he could ever use this thing but it made his Alma happy and that was all that mattered. Everything was coming together, everyone worked as one and homes were being build left and right. A lot of beast would be able to spend the winter in their new home, Alma wanted them to have what she had so she taught the beasts that could not do hard work how to make pots and pan and even showed them how to make a bathtub and a bed. They were so thankful and excited to make their homes feel like a home, she also showed them how to made a tables and chairs, this was very hard but so rewarding, Alma loved helping people and she was so excited to make their own little village, within the city.

The spider was very happy that he could help so much, he was wise enough to show Alma how helpful he really was, Alma had not given him much attention yet but she had told him she was grateful for his help. That was enough for him to know he was on the right path, she would accept him, he was sure of it, he had helped every beasts so much since arriving to their destination, he was glad he was a patient beasts since it was very hard, waiting for the pretty female to accept him, she was so close but still felt a little far away, all in good time he thought to himself.

Odin had been hunting, he had not done much building since they needed a lot of food for everyone so Alma with the help of Addi delegated what the groups did, some groups only hunted, while other had the task to gather fruits and vegetables, a group was made to make the land ready for farming, Alma wanted to have a lot of land for farming, she wanted to have a land to farm on her own very close to her house, the farming land was decided to be near the houses and at a few spots, this would help a lot during winter and as Alma told the beasts, they could use herb to make their lives better. Alma showed them how to made baskets to hunt for fish, crabs and lobsters, it was better to have as much food as they could and even better to have verity. Another group was tasked to cut food for the winter, they needed a lot of it, it was very lucky that the place had so many fast growing trees, they would never run out, thankfully.

Alma had not yet gone to the city, there would be enough time for that, it was vital to make as much houses as possible, still she was very excited to go there, she could see the city very well from their land, it was very big and she often wondered what it was like but she thought it was best not to go until they had done what they could for the winter. She loved their house, their house was big and sturdy, she could not wait to make good memories in their new home, she had mostly been showing the beast how to make things but she wanted to make more things for their new home so she had been making chairs and she even made shelves and she even made cabinets for the kitchen, she shared all her knowledge with the beasts that were interested to learn, she wanted them to have what she had. Everyone worked hard and were in a good mood. Their land was beautiful, their houses were big and would have comfort they had never seen before and the female seemed to like to sing while she worked so everyone got to enjoy her voice, the beasts that had been hired from the city were all smitten with the female and when she started to sing they just stared at her imagining a life with her by their side.

In the sea was a creature well hidden, he had been watching the beasts building, he was not very pleased, this had been his favourite location to lounge, he did not like to be amongst other beasts, he liked is solitude but he had heard a voice, the voice was entrancing, he had never heard anything like it before, it was a female, he was sure of it, now all he had to do was to snatch that female all for himself.

I cannot believe i have made 60 chapters, I'm so happy :) what kind of beast do you think the loner is? I know this was not a very exciting chapter but these things have to happen, hope your all having a wonderful day/evening, I'll update again tomorrow.