Part 20 ~ Into the forest

Was in the mood for writing another chapter so I just did ;) can't believe I have written 20 chapters in 11 days , hope you guys will like it :)

Fannar talked to Alma while Askell was seething. He had tried in interrupt Fannar on so many occasions but it was like the vulture was prepared, he always knew what to say to destroy his words. Askell wanted to beat that cocky vulture to a pulp but that would make is mate sad and angry so he kept his mouth shut. He saw alma was beginning to shiver so he knew he finally had chance to let the vulture leave. Askel told Fannar that alma was cold and had to bathe quickly so she would not get sick, she would not be able to go to the forest tomorrow otherwise. Fannar knew his time was done for now but before he left he told her he would arrive to their cave early, he bid Alma goodnight, and told her to dream sweet dreams of him. Alma cringed and laughed, he was so lame but she loved it.

Askell walk side by side with Alma, he was in a bad mood, he really had a wonderful few minutes before Fannar came. He wanted desperately to get to know her so she would let him in her heart, he was sulking. Alma saw him and felt bad. They had such a short time until Fannar came, Alma could see Askell was really disappointed, she really felt bad since she had given Fannar too much attention, she did decide to be brave and held his hand. She was scared to look at him, she was afraid he would think she was childish but Askells sulken face changed rapidly, he instantly but on a big smile. He liked holding her hand, her hand was so warm and so small, he felt his heartbeat beat so fast that he was afraid it might leap off his chest. He was smitten, she was such a lovely creature. They walked hand in hand until they reached the cave. Askell was happy so Alma was happy, she make a right decision, she had to try to be more brave, she wanted them all to feel wanted and loved, so she had to try harder.

Alma told Keith and Tram that her and Askell had met Fannar at the lake. Both Keith and Tram looked at each other, they knew that vulture would be a problem, it seems he was not giving up. They were not going to welcome in into the family just yet, for one Odin would threw a fit and probably eat either Fannar or Askell, he had a temper and he was very jealous. Fannar was too cocky, it was best not to let him in the family until Odin would agree. They were certain Odin would be fine with Askel in due time since he was sensible and could easily submit if the situation would arise. They knew Askel would put his pride down for his mate, Odin on the other hand they were not so sure of. They also knew that they should not turn down any help, they knew Fannar would protect her with his life and he was a good fighter, it would be best to use him as they could, without welcoming him in the family. They wondered where the other beasts had gone. All the beast would come again in spring, of that they were sure. They hoped that Fannar would be the only one that stayed though, he was enough of a pest no need to bring in other flies.

Alma took a little time to warm up, the lake had been very cold, she did not think it would be wise to bathe in the lake the next day, it was just too cold. She hoped she could finish her bathtub soon. She had made all kinds of pots, in all kind of sizes so she could easily heat water, it would be time consuming though but it was not like they had anything better to do when winter came, she thought. She had to make up games, she loved playing games. She would figure something out. They had dinner and Alma sang for them like she did most nights. She loved to sing and they loved listening too. Alma did not know that most night most beasts from the village came as close as they dared just to listen to her sing. Fannar was occupying the doctors cave and he liked being close to Alma, he had seen many beast walking towards Alma's cave, every night since he came to the village. He was noisy and a very curious beast so he followed them to see what they were doing. Then he heard the sound, he did not know what it was but it was so beautiful, he had heard merfolks sing many times but it was nowhere near as beatiful as this sound. Fannar decided to ask one beast what was the noice. The little rat beast told him that it was the female singing. She sang every night for her mates so they came as close as they dared so they could hear her too. Fannar smiled, his mate was just incredible, he thought she was keeping secrets from him, he thought she was very naughty and deserved to be punished. He could not wait to have her, his little siren female.

After Alma had sung a few songs she told them a story, they loved her stories and always wanted more. She loved telling them stories, their face would light up and they concentrated so hard that it was cute, they were all so cute. Alma told them a story about a flying ship in space, she drew how it looked like from the floor. She then told them the crew was a human and they were going of to space to get stones. Her mates could not understand why go to that much trouble when they could easily find and kill an assassin prey on the ground, they thought humans must be stupid. She told them the crew had landed on a place called mars and a little alien had smuggled into their ship. She told them that the little alien had produced eggs that went into the humans mouth, that they could find, then they would grow in the humans stomach. When the little alien would be ready it would eat its way out through the stomach. They loved this story, they thougt this little beasts was so clever, killing a human that was much bigger than him and eating him, they gave the alien praise. Again Alma sighed, they should not cheer for the alien, again it must be a beast thing. She was tired and it was time to go to sleep. Alma decided to let Askell sleep with them but he had to sleep on either Keith's side or Trams. Askell was elated, she had asked him to join him in her room, he was so happy. Life was so good.

They all fell asleep very soon, they were all tired, especially Keith, he would have to hibernate soon, it was time but he could still fight it, he wanted to wait till winter came. He wished he did not have to leave her. Since meeting her his life had been filled with happiness, she was making his life better in every way. He begin to think about when they would have their cubs, he could not wait, he wanted as many cubs with her as she could have, he wanted to fill the land with their love. He was content and fulfilled.

The next day, Fannar came early, in fact Fannar had come before everyone woke up, he was just too excited to see her and could not wait but he did not want to wake her up too early so he decided to wait outside and just think of her. Alma invited him in and asked him to join them for breakfast. Fannar was so happy, he was so glad he came early, Alma's mates were not happy, they did not want to share breakfast with Fannar but he was doing them a favour so they could not be impolite. After breakfast everyone left to the forest while Tram stayed behind. Alma showed the what kind of leaves she wanted, what kind of trees she wanted, the went to work and worked hard, they cut down a lot of sugarcanes and collected enough leaves to make many baskets. Alma was very happy but she wanted to find the shampoo plant, she could feel it in her soul it was there, she just had to look for it, she walked aimlessly while Fannar and Keith followed, she was concentrating very hard on all the plants that she saw, they had been in the forest all day and it was starting to get dark. Keith told her they had to leave very soon it was not safe to stay here after dark. Alma felt frustrated because she was so sure it was very, very close, she finally decided to give up and turned around. She had stepped on something slippery so she looked down, she could not believe it there it was, it was the plant she had been looking for all day, she was so happy she almost cried. She examined it and told Keith to scoop it up carefully, she told him not to destroy the roots, he was very careful and easily took the plant. Alma found alot of them behind a big tree, she asked Keith to harvest at least twenty of them. She wanted to be sure some would live. It can be a shock to the plant when moving it to another soil and place so she wanted to take more so there would be more chance that some would live. She loved the smell. It had a rosy and vanilla smell, she fell in love with it, she could easily use this plant and sell it when they would move, this could easily become a hot sale if she marketed it right. This was one of the best days she had had since gotten here, things were only getting better.

When they arrived back at the cave, Keith made it very clear to Fannar that he was thankful for the help but he would not be let in. Fannar just smirked and took Alma's hand and kissed it goodbye, he could see her face getting red, he loved teasing her, he had to do it more often. He told her he was so hungry that he could just eat her up. Alma laughed out loud and cringed again, he was just the lamest. After Alma had calmed down she told him she was very thankful for the help and hoped to see him soon. Askell almost pushed Alma inside since he wanted to get rid of Fannar. Tram told them it was time to eat so Fannar went back to his cave, happy to have helped Alma. Alma was too tired to do anything but eat and sleep. After eating they all went to sleep. Askell slept beside Tram. He could hear his mate had fallen asleep already, this was a good day, she had found what she wanted, it made Askell so happy to be able to help her, even having Fannar there in the woods too did not spoil his mood. He kept daydreaming of the day she would let him mate her, hopefully it would be very soon, it is so hard to look and not touch, it is almost just impossible, Askell thought to himself.