Part 57 ~ Moving day

Everyone was working hard, thankfully she had many strong beasts to help the village with the move too, she was so thankful to Addis herd, without them it would have been impossible to move everyone in such a short time. Odin had been doing such a good job leading and delegating work between everyone, Alma was so proud of him, Odin had been in Keiths shadow since they moved to the village. Odin was the first male and should have taken a bigger role in taking hard decisions for their family but Keith was so good at it and did Odins job without taking any credit for you, she was so thankful for her incredible mates.

Odin was hesitant at first taking the charge of all the beasts but it surprised him how easy it was to lead them. He had authority that made beasts do his bidding as fast as they could, he was after all a predator and had good instincts. He had been thinking a lot about Alma and all this beasts joining them, he was not that thrilled at first since it could create a dangerous situation for Alma. Alma could not hide Gudda from the other beasts for long if they were going to live on their land. He decided to hold a meeting with only the beasts from the village, the beasts that were pursuing Alma were not invited since they were still not in the family. Her other mates were not invited since they knew what he was going to talk about and they wanted to keep on working so that is what they did, but Odin asked Askell to fly over and keep anyone from hearing what he was talking about. All the villagers came and sat down waiting to hear what their chief wanted to discuss, some were still a bit frightened of the snake but most found him to be a hard working beasts that wanted the best for his family and admired him immensely for it. Odin began speaking and told them that what they would hear they were forbidden to speak about for the end of time, if they would not heed his warning those who would tell would perish in the fire rings of Fenri the beast god. All of them were scared and rightly so, Fenri was not a god to mess with and to give a oath regarding him was very serious. To perish in his fire rings would mean that they would never get to join the beasts goddess forest of content. Even though you could almost live endlessly here, most did not, this was a very cruel world and most died youngish, it was only beasts like Odin that could live endlessly since they had power and could hunt assassins prey, most could not they were too strong for them to beat and to buy the stones was too expensive for a normal beast. All the villagers knew they had to make the oath if they were to move with them so all the beasts made the oath, Odin was pleased, he knew now that no one would speak and he felt like a big stone had been lifted from his heart. Odin told them that Alma was not like other females and that she was fertile for a few days every month of the year. They were all stunned to silence, they had known full well that she was different, even though a lot of them had not seen a female before Alma, they had heard how they looked liked and she was nothing like females had been described. They were worried for Alma, this was not news that should be spread, it could easily start a war for the female and most definitely the scorpion king would want her if only for breeding purposes, it sent shiver down their spine's, they would never do anything to put the female in danger, in all their eyes she was their saviour, they knew it was the female idea to take them with, no beasts would ask his female to take on vulnerable beasts, it was too hard and would never benefit the female in any way. They all told him not to worry her secret was safe with them, Odin was pleased with the beasts, they might be weak and most of them old but they were all honest beasts, he also told them that Alma had a female cub with Tram and if anyone asked how often she had birthed cubs to tell the truth, she had bred snakes and one lamb but it was very important to tell everyone that the snakes she had were older than they were, it was better to tell a half lie since Odin knew his hatchlings would return to see their mother as soon as they could and their arrival should not be a surprise. The meeting went very well and ended on a good note, Odin was very pleased now he had one less thing to worry about.

Alma was so happy, the day had finally came, it was moving day. She was so excited. Odin had planned it all so well and everyone was helping making the trip as safe as it could be. Her flying beast would carry most of the heavy burden. They had in fact made a few trips with things already so that walking beasts had less burden to carry, Alma wanted so much to take the bed so they decided to try, she told them that even if they would accidentally drop it, it would be alright, she wanted them at least to try but she told them to dump it if it was too heavy of a burden to carry. Haffi and Askell looked at each other telling each other with their eyes that you better not drop Alma's precious bed. Alma had wanted to fly and that was how it should have been done but because of the bed it was not wise to have her flying, the other flying beasts had to work together to make sure that bed was stable and be ready to help if needed. Alma did not mind that she would not fly, she had not flown yet and she knew there was enough time for her to fly, she really wanted to ride Addi again and she also wanted to ride with Eyva and Grey, hopefully even Ulfar if it was possible. Alma asked Addi if she could begin the journey by riding him, Addi could not have been happier, she chose to ride with him first, he was so honoured and flattered that he barely could say yes. Alma also asked Grey and Eyvi if she could ride them also, no one would say no to such a nice female, and they could not wait until it was their turn. Alma looked at Ulfar gave him a sweet smile and asked if she could ride him also. Ulfar had not thought she would ask him. It was not very comfortable to be on top of a Komodo dragons back but she did not know that so Ulfar told her that it might be a little bit trying for her but she just gave him a killer smile and told him she did not mind, if it was too hard she could easily ask someone else. Ulfars heart beat wildly, everything she did and said made him the happiest reptile in the world.

The journey had begun. The were moving in a steady pace, Alma looked at her flying beasts a little worried she had asked too much of them but so far everything looked good, she just hoped with all her might that they could carry the bed with no difficulty to their new home. Alma was enjoying riding Addi and loved feeling the wind on her face, she felt giddy and laughed, she felt like a little girl, almost nothing could beat the feeling of riding on the back of Addi, she felt like the boy in the movie, the never ending story, she put her hand in the air feeling like she was dancing with the wind, she felt invincible.

Sorry how long this chapter took. I was reading a book and decided to finish it but the chapters were longer than i thought and when i finally reached the last page, there was no ending, even though it was labels complete, its the story of my life ;) have a great night everyone, ill put up another chapter tomorrow, ill try to make two chapters tomorrow, hope you liked it :)

You will perish in the fire rings of fenri the beast god