Part 105 ~ Askell

Askell had no idea had had slept for such a long time, he felt very weak and ached all over, especially his foot, after Alma had talked to him and snuggled him she ran out fetching Tram to look at him, finally Askell had a little time for himself, he wanted to rub his leg but when he tried there was nothing there, he panicked for a moment before remembering what had happened, he had lost his leg to the alligator, he would never be whole again, he felt defeated, he would never be able to protect his mate again, he would only be a liability, he felt so defeated and started to cry, he had nothing to offer his family longer, what to do, why had he woken up, it would have been best if he had just died but then he would never have seen Alma again, he felt torn, wanting to be with Alma but knowing he was of no use to the family anymore. While he was deep in his thoughts Alma came in with Tram, she took his hand and looked into his eyes, poor Askell started to cry again, he was so overwhelmed, he felt his life was over just as it had begun. Alma embraced him and comforted him, she ensured him everything would be alright, she knew how hard this all was for him and she would help him overcome it, with love and support. She gently caressed his back, she told him again and again, everything would be alright, she told him repeatedly how much she loved him and how thankful she was for him to finally wake up. This was all too much for poor Askell and cried even louder, he embraced Alma, terrified to let her go, he was so scared that if he would let go he would never be able to hold her again, her words lulled him back to sleep, he fell asleep on on shoulder. Alma started to cry hearing the agony in his cries, she did not let him go and told him again and again that she would always be with him, she would never let him go. Tram watched them and he felt such heartbreak for Askell, he knew it would take a long time for him to recover from this, it was almost unheard of a beast to survive loosing a limb but it had happened, it was now all up to him, wether he would thrive or wither, Tram hoped Askell would survive, he was a good mate and a good friend, he really liked him, he carefully checked Askells vitals and he had improved a lot but he needed to build his strength up. He told Alma he was going to make him a health broth to build up his immune system, Alma just nodded her head, still holding Askel in her arms, she carefully laid in the bed next to him and held him in her arms, she felt so exhausted after crying that she fell asleep with him.

Askell woke up first, the first thing he saw was Alma, he felt calmer than when he first woke up, he realised his life would never be the same but that did not have to mean it had to end. He had heard all the comforting words alma said and he could see on her face that she had been crying for him. He could feel how much she loved him and it warmed his heart, so as long as Alma wanted him by her side he would not leave, he would just have to find a new role to fulfil in the family, he thought of what that role might be, while he was thinking he could not help himself to touch her face, she had given him so much, he could not imagine living without her. Alma slept like a log and did not feel Askells gentle touch. Just as he was admiring his mate, Tram walked in with the broth, he could see Askell had awoken, he whispered to Askell to drink this, Askell gently entangled himself from Alma and sat up, he drank it and asked Tram had happened. Tram told him that his leg might be gone but that did not mean that he could not contribute to the family, he told him that he had seen Alma working on something that was especially made for him so that he could walk, Askells eyes lit up, his mate was truly amazing, there was nothing she would not do for her family, since she had done so much for him he could not give up, he would do his best to be the best he could be. He asked Tram about his wings but Tram could not answer, he told him that he had morphed into his human form before they could be examined so he had no idea if he could fly or not but he told him that he had levelled up and was now a five stripe beast, Askell smiled bitterly, he had no use of stripes now he would never be able to fight anyone, he had been working so hard levelling up before loosing his leg, now all this work was for naught, still he was trying to look at the bright side, he was still alive and still with his mate. He ate his food and afterwards laid back and fell asleep, he was still so exhausted, it would take a while for him to get his strength back but fortunately he had all the time in the world. He caressed Alma's face until he fell asleep with a smile on his face.

Next day he woke up and felt a little better, Alma woke up ahead of him and was quick to go to the kitchen and cook a nice meal for him. She came in with eggs, milk and a dish similar to oatmeal, she told him to eat up, which he did, after eating, they relaxed a little, talking, flirting and laughing after that Alma gave him a good massage to help with his muscles. She told him after he had gained his strength back it was best to start walking again, she told him she had been working on something that would help him walk more easily but it was not ready yet, she had asked Grey and Addi to help make a cane for Askel and crutches, she had showed them what she wanted it to look like and they had already started, they would need to measure his height though so it would work as best as it could though. Askell felt overwhelmed with all the support he was getting. Tram had told him that everyone had helped him and that everyone was willing to do anything to help him in whatever he needed. He felt so lucky, if it was any other family, he would be dead, the beasts would be glad to have him gone since it would mean less fighting for the attention of their mate. Alma had truly made all of them a family, he promised himself he would do his utmost to be as strong as he could, he would not let his family down, he could not let his Alma down.

Sorry im a little late, Eurovision is on this week and my son is a huge fan of it, its been a little hectic but i finally had some time to write, I hope you liked it. Askell will be just fine ;) have a great weekend everyone, thank you again for reading, liking and commenting, i truly love each and every comment i get  ❤️