Part 106 ~ New leg

It had been a month since Askell woke up, Alma had spent this time focusing on his recovery and perfecting the prosthetics leg she was creating for him, she had worked so hard on it, she wanted to make it perfect for Askell. She spent such a long time making sure he was getting better and that he would not fall into despair, she was most worried that he would give up on life but she was not willing to let him. She had gotten help from her other mates with the prosthetics leg, she wanted it to be as good as it could be and she thought it would be a good thing getting input from her mates, if she could make it better she would. Ulfar had some ideas to make it more stable and how to make it stick better to Askell thigh. She had not thought of to use the leather of the worm to make the leg more comfortable for the thigh and make it easier to stick. The spider told her that he could use his web to secure the leg to the thigh and it would not fall off while he was using it and it was not hard to take off for any beasts with four stripes or over, Askell had gained a new stripe after the attack and he was now a level five so he would be able to take it off himself. She also made a cain so that walking would be easier for him. She was so happy to finally finish the leg, she could finally show Askell what she had been working on, she hoped he would be happy with his new leg.

Tram had told Askell that he should not spend too much time in bed, it was best he started to move as soon as he could so he could get his strength up. Askell had first been very depressed after waking up but with Alma's and Trams help he felt a lot better, he decided not to think of himself as useless anymore, he had a lot of time to learn to do something else and get good at it, he just had to find something that filled him with passion. He started working on his upper strength first, it was hard but he kept going. Alma gave him massages every night to sooth his aches, she made him move his other leg every night to build strength and she spent a lot of time massaging his thigh, hoping it would soon be ready for its new leg. Askell was no longer bedridden and went lounging in the living room. He liked being with everyone and he felt happy that he was not ostracised, he felt welcomed and included. Alma was so happy that she told many stories every night and sang many songs for them all, she had never been as happy as she was now, she loved making them happy, all she needed to make everything perfect was Odin and Keith but they would wake up anytime now so she was feeling extra happy.

It was still early evening and Alma had a surprise for Askell, his leg was finally ready and she wanted to give it to him with everyone present, everyone had helped in one way or another so she wanted to give it to Askell in front of everyone. Alma told Askell to close his eyes and not open them until she said, she was quick to go and get the leg, she told him to present his hands and she put the leg in his arms. She told him to open his eyes and so he did, what he saw almost made him cry like a baby, it was a leg, she had told him she would help him walk again, he was speechless, he stroked the leg gently, he could tell she had worked hard to make it for him and he was filled with happiness, Alma asked him if he liked to try it on and of course he said yes. It took a little time to make it fit well but they finally did, the spider used his web to secure the leg to the thigh and now all was left was for Askell to try to walk on it. Alma looked at him with a big smile, she gave him her hand and told him to stand up slowly. At first he just stood without moving, he was getting used to have it stuck to his thigh, it felt a little uncomfortable but he would get used to it he thought to himself. Alma did not encourage him to move, she wanted him to take is time and move when he was ready, she just looked at him smiling like a fool. After a little while Askell felt he was ready to try to move, Tram was next to him ready to catch him if he would fall, since Alma was pregnant he would not take any chances. The first step was very hard and he almost fell but Tram and Alma were there to stable him. He did not stop and kept on, it was hard to be stable, it was very strange moving with a dead leg, he would have to learn to walk a whole different way than before but that was alright, if he could walk again by himself he would never complain about anything ever again. While he was walking Alma told him that he would need to learn to walk with the new leg and he had to be ready for it to take a long time until he could walk confidently by himself, she told him he had to be strong and walk every day, build up strength in his body. Askell was smiling brightly and just told her he did not mind at all, he could not believe he would be able to walk by himself again, this was something he thought was impossible but when he thought about it nothing as impossible for Alma, she always had some idea to help or make their lives better. He embraced her, thanking her for giving him his walk again, Alma told him he was welcome and that everyone one had helped make it. Askell looked at each and every beast and thanked him, he even thank the spider, he thought he would never be able to stand the spider but he had to admit the spider was growing on him. He could see the changes in the spider, he never thought a feral would be able to change but clearly he was wrong, Alma had two ferals mates and he had to admit both of them were a great asset to the family, he really liked Ulfar and he could get along with Odin. He looked at everyone and he felt kinships towards them, he felt like they were more than just her mates, they were a family.

Sorry how late i am publishing the chapter, my arthritis has been bugging me. I hope you liked it. There are only a few chapters left. I was going to have an epilogue chapter about the beast goddess but i might make a separate book about her, i have been thinking alot about her and i feel i like to make her story a little longer than just one chapter, im still deciding though, i wish you all a great weekend and thank you all again for reading, liking and commenting on my story, i cannot tell you how much it makes my day :)