Part 29 ~ Fannar joins the family

After the last chapter i made i got a comment that Fannar should be her next mate, i dont know how but the chapter i had made about him finally becoming her official mate is gone, i thought it was published but after the comment I tried to find where i had written about it but it is gone. I am writing mostly in my iPad but i have written a little with my phone too, i think i wrote that chapter on my phone and somehow deleted it instead of publishing it, I'm really sorry, instead of writing a new chapter about it i decided just to add to this one, the chapter i wrote about him joining was very close to his one, since she had known him for a good time and I think she was more than ready to welcome him wholeheartedly into her family and her bed ;), sorry again for this I hope you dont mind, ill add the new part now :)

Alma had been very sad the past few day, she could not stop crying, she missed her children so much. Thoughts of them hurt or dead would not leave her alone. Odin, Tram, Askell and Keith barely left her side. Odin felt so much distress for his mate, he really wanted to find they annoying pests so she would smile again but he knew it could not be done, this had to be done to protect her. Even though females could have a lot of cubs during their lifetime they still could not produce as many as Alma could. She would be coveted by too many beasts, some very powerful that would want to use her to create an army for themselves. Odin was a powerful beast but he was not the most powerful, some beasts were similar in strength as him or even stronger. She needed more beasts, equal in his power or better, stronger. Odin did not want to share her but he had to so he could keep her. Odin held Alma in his arms and told her not to worry, his hatchlings were very strong and very crafty they would not be killed easily. He had no way of knowing that he just wanted to make her feel better.

Odins words did reach her but still she was sad, it could not be helped, she is their mother of course she would be worried, she loved them but she knew Odin was right, they were very crafty and she was sure they would all help each other to survive, it was better that she did not know the truth, snakes would eat each other if threatened or hungry, they did not care if they were siblings it is just survival of the fittest. Still Odin was sure they would not eat each other for they would know it would break their mothers heart.

Keith and Odin were preparing for the competition, it was supposed to be the same as before, two beasts attack until one forfeits and no one is to be killed at Alma's request. Odin and Keith knew more beasts would come than from the eagle tribe, feral beasts might even come. Alma told them not to discriminate against them, they did not understand the word but they got what she was trying to say. Alma told Odin that he was a feral and she loved him, she asked him if he did not want more beasts like him to be happy too. He did say yes with his mouth but in his head he was screaming NO, Odin was trying to tell her that feral beasts were more difficult then normal beasts, she just looked at him and laughed, then looked him in they eyes and told him that she knew. Odin felt the stab, it was not pleasant, he just dissed himself. He started to frown then Alma just hugged him and told him he was such a sweet beast, that was enough to wipe the frown of his face.

Alma had decided to have it just like before, the top ten would have dates with her then she would pick the top five from that list and they would try to come to a conclusion all together. Keith and Odin would supervise the competition while Tram would take care of Alma and the little lamb and Askell would go hunting. This was a good plan.

Alma felt better and felt like it was time to go and talk to Fannar, she of course wanted to walk alone and all her mates told her that was fine but of course Odin and Keith followed to make sure no one would bother her and to keep her from danger, alma was of course clueless and walked towards Fannar cave wondering why there were so few beasts around.

Fannar had barely left his home, he had been waiting for an invite so he dared not leave. He was convinced it would come and he was right. He could hear Alma's voice outside asking if she could enter. Fannar had thought that her mates would come and ask him to join, he did not dream she would come herself since it was not long ago since she had given birth. Odin had given her many lifestones and Tram had given her herbs with good healing effect so physically she felt rather good. Fannar invited her in with a big smile, he could not believe she had come to him, he felt so lucky to have met her. Alma gave him a big smile and ask if they could sit down and talk, so they did. Alma told him she was so thankful for all he had done for her and her family. She stared at him for a while, she was shy and a little scared he might say no, she really had come to like him and she really wanted him to join her family. She must be the one to ask, she thought to herself, she asked him in a soft low voice if he would like to be her mate. Fannar wanted to jump up and down and scream yes but he was afraid it would frighten her so her just gave her a big flirty smile, telling her that he thought she would never ask. She cringed again, he was so lame, she started to laugh, she loved his lame lines. After a while she said she wanted to talk more before he would make a decision.