Part 91 ~ Haffi comes to the rescue

Alma looked at her sleeping mate, he was fast asleep and he would not wake up again until about four months for now. Usually when snake beasts go to hibernate they would hibernate in their beast form but Odin had been too exhausted that he had fallen asleep before being able to morph. Odin would not be able to go into full hibernation because of this, he would sleep just as long but not as well, it would affect him when he would wake up, he would be weaker and he would need to be careful not to excess himself before going into hibernation again. Alma had no knowledge of this. She just looked at her mate, grateful he had found them, she loved him so much. She knew he was fast asleep but she still kept him in her arms and hummed a lullaby for him, after a while she kissed his forehead and laid his head down gently. She had to relive herself, her bladder was about to burst. She did not want to leave the tent, she felt so secure in there, especially now since Odin was there but she would piss herself if she would not go. She looked at her mates with loving eyes. She made sure both of them had furs so they would not get cold and then she went out.

She did not see anyone when she left the hut, she was not looking, she did not really want to see them at the moment, so she tried to slip out as silently as she could, she found her regular spot and was finally able to relieve her bladder. When she was going to go into the hut again, Ulfar called her, she stopped in her tracks, she had thought that Odin came alone, he usually did not want to work with others unless he had to, just seeing Ulfar again brought tears to her eyes. She called out his name and ran towards his embrace. She was so glad to see him. She told him again and again how much she had missed him. Ulfar could see her state, things had not been good for her, she had lost a lot of weight, her skin was paler than usual and her face looked swollen, he felt sadness, they all had failed her but they would not fail her again. He used his abilities and calmed her down. All her worries and frustration just melted away when she finally was in Ulfar arms but it made her so tired, she had been so vigilant for so many days that her body was depleted, it needed to be able to rest and that is what it did when it finally felt safe. Alma fell asleep in his arms. Ulfar carefully held her, he held her like he was holding their precious cub, he finally had her in his arms. She was his and he was hers, they would always be together, being without her had been hard but since there was no time to think of anything else than to survive and protect the village, he had to admit that he had assumed wrong, how could she ever be safe with just one mate especially one that only had five stripes, they would have to come up with a better plan to keep her safe. He walked slowly towards the tent and put her next to Odin. He examined Askell and could see he was badly wounded, he did not know if it was the right thing saving him, he had lost his leg and thus the ability to protect himself and Alma, Askell would become a liability to their family, he would not be able to contribute anything, he would not even be able to protect to cubs but he knew his mate had a soft heart but Askell could become unstable after recovering, he could become insane, their need to protect and serve was deep within them and if they could not perform as they wanted they could suffer, Ulfar thought whatever would happen he would help the bird, for the sake of his mate.

He wished he had wings, so that he could fly them all home, the bat might be able to find them if he sounded him towards him. Ulfar walked far away from the tent and started to shout Haffis name, he knew his hearing was incredible, he would be able to hear his name being called out and he would recognise the voice if he knew it. Alma had had enough of the sea for a while, so it was best she was flown home, she would need another flying beast now in her harem since even though Askell would be able to fly he would not be able to fight, the hawk was useless to the family, he thought with a grim look. He looked at the sky, hoping the bat had heard his calling.

When Haffi had gone to look at Alma he had at first gone the right way but the longer he flew the further away from Alma he was. He could not sense her since he was not her mate, he could not smell her since there was only ocean, he had been flying for days but still he saw nothing, he was frustrated, he felt a big urge to find her as fast as possible, he was about to loose all hope when he heard his name being called faintly. The voice was far away but still he heard it, he could even hear it was Ulfar. He was certain that Alma had been found and that he was being called to help. He felt a such relief, he changed course and flew as fast as he could towards the sound of the voice. It took Haffi about eight hours to fly towards the voice. He could see Ulfar and the two huts, he landed and morphed. Ulfar told him the situation and that he would need to fly Odin, Askel and Alma home, he would need to travel with only one at a time, it was safer since askell was heavily wounded and Odin was fast asleep. Haffi agreed, he was weary himself but he had to go the extra mile for the family. Ulfar told him that if Fannar had not finished getting rid of the carcasses he would need to speed up and if he was done he should fly off and help. Haffi agreed. Ulfar told him it was best to fly off with Odin first since they would need to be sure it was safe to fly with Askell. Even though he wanted to fly off with Alma first he knew that she would disagree and would not leave them behind, it did not matter since he would stay with her and the shark and Hafthor would provide her with security until she would be able to fly home. Ulfar told the bat since Alma was fast asleep it was best to let her sleep and not interrupt her. Both Ulfar and Haffi were just as tired as all the rest, he told Haffi to go to the other hut and sleep, the doctor had given them both the same broth he had given Askell, it had lots of high quality things in it to help give the body the nutrients it needed. The doctor told them to eat as much as they could, he saw they both needed it, they thanked him and Haffi went off to sleep. The doctor looked at the dragon and told him he needed rest just as badly as the bat did, he did not have to worry about his mates safety, almost all of Hafthors army was there to protect them and the shark was there also. Ulfar just nodded his head, he decided to rest as well, he was of no use to his mate in his state but before he went to the hut he decided to let them know and make sure they would protect her well. The king had rested for one night with Alma, a few days ago but the shark had not slept, still they both had more energy to use than Ulfar and Haffi. Ulfar told him he was going to rest and the next day Haffi would fly off with Odin, they told Ulfar he needed not to worry they would keep everyone safe. Ulfar looked at them both. They were both fierce beasts and even though they had entered the family under horrible circumstances, he felt they would be very useful to his mate. He looked at the shark, he did not say much but he was wary, Ulfar asked him his name and the shark finally opened his mouth to speak and he told him his name was Pistris.

I hope you like it, I love the name suggestion you gave me but I could not use them all but I will use them on future beasts, i hope you don't mind😉
Unfortunately i will have to change my update schedule a little, instead of updating Sunday or Monday night, i will update one chapter on Tuesdays and I will try to upload another in that same week, I hope you don't mind, I will most likely update again tomorrow or Monday night. She will be going home soon, within one or two chapters, then there's all the drama with Taurus city, poor Alma so much to do. Thank you all for reading, liking and commenting its the highlight of my day :) have a great weekend everyone.