Part 27 ~ Giving birth again

Fannar became even more of a pest than before, he was always hovering near the cave ready to offer assistance, if he was not there, he was hunting prey or picking fruit for Alma. Alma had been finally craving for something she could eat, she wanted strawberries and blueberries, it was rather early for them to bloom but if you were lucky you could find a few. Odin gave orders to the male beasts to find strawberries and blueberries. He told them not to bother coming back if they did not find it. He remember to lower his voice when telling them so Alma could not hear. Other beast in the village heard she liked strawberries and blueberries so the entire village went to the forest to look for it for her. Alma was just laying on her bed blissfully unaware that so many beasts very trying to vie for her love and affection. Fannar wanted to be the one who gave her the biggest haul so flew a little distance where he knew he would definitely find strawberries.

Askell was a nervous reck, he was so stressed about his mate that he did not even think of using his wings to find the fruits she wanted, he was just walking aimlessly through the forest, hoping to find anything to make Alma happy. Askell had no idea that females could be so challenging during pregnancy, she could even be a little scary, he would have never thought of her as scary before but now if she saw anything that she did not like she would cry. One day Askell had hunted a very beautiful fox, the fox had a beautiful black color. He could not wait to give her the fur. When he presented her with his kill, she cried for the fox and scolded him for killing such a lovely creature. He was baffled, he only wanted to make her happy and give her something that would make her stand even more out. He was going to hug her and tell her he was sorry when Odin appeared from behind her and embraced her. Odin had given him a very mean look, he was sure that evil snake was going to make him pay for making Alma cry. Askell watched as Odin comforts her and basked in her love, he felt rather bitter and jealous, he really disliked that arrogant snake but he would endure everything for her even a bastard snake like Odin. Askell sighed to himself and hoped she would have the cubs soon.

Tram did not leave the village since Alma could go in labour any day. Odin was very protective of her and hardly let them touch her. Alma was so hot at nights that she wanted to cuddle Odin since he was after all cool to the touch. Tram was very envious of the snake, he wished he was cold blooded too she Alma would cuddle him too. Still he knew she was having a hard time. She ached everywhere and she was very uncomfortable. She had grown even bigger. She felt movement in her womb but it could just be the eggs moving around or it could be his cubs. Tram was a little scared for the birth, her stomach was bigger and she was so small. Fortunately he was well prepared but he knew it would be much harder on her then her first birth. He was thankful that the snake had hoarded lifestones, it would come in handy if the birth would become long and painful. He just did not want her to hurt, he was so worried for her.

Odin was like a drill Sargent, he never left her side but was fast to give the other beasts orders. Since he was her first male that was his right. Odin was proud of it and very happy with it, he was happy he stole it from Keith, he felt he was much more important to Alma than the tortoise and he was much more handsome. He was over the little snakes hovering over his mates but they seemed to make her happy and help her deal better with her pregnancy. He loved watching her with her swollen stomach, he thought she was so beautiful bearing life inside her. He was proud to be her male but most of all he felt he was very lucky. Odin knew that the beasts would come soon to compete again for a spot, it would be very soon. He hoped Alma would be able to give birth before or else it might be bothersome, still he would manage it, he would not let her stress about it at all, her job was just to be happy and to love him the best.

Alma could not wait for Keith to wake up, it was going to be soon, she felt it in her bones. She hoped he would not be disappointed with the cubs, she was very worried about it. She loved how Odin took care of her, she just wished he would let Tram and Askell take care of her too. She was just too tired and uncomfortable to talk to him about it right now. She promised to herself that as soon she would have her cubs she would spoil especially Tram and Askell. She was going to take them to the lake and have fun, she was sure they would both like it. She knows Odin would not be happy and he would be jealous but he could have his turn later with Keith. Odin had the best communication with Keith, Alma knew it was because of how charismatic Keith was, Keith could read beasts very well and he could rather easily calm Odin down when he was behaving like an overgrown child, she wished he would wake up soon, she missed her beautiful Keith.