Part 45 ~ Letting them know 1

Alma wanted to talk to each and every one of them privately, she felt really bad for she knew a few of them would be unhappy with her decision, she hoped the ones she wanted would continue to pursue her but there were no guarantees that they would. Her feet felt heavy and she was a little scared talking to them, she just did not want to let them down.

She went back to the cave waiting to meet one beast at a time, the first one she met was Gulli the bear, he walked in with a big smile on his face, she dreaded crushing his hopes, he was such a wonderful beast but she could not afford to bring in another beast that would hibernate at this time,  she just hoped he would understand. Gulli sat down waiting patiently for her to speak and hoping and praying to the goddess she had picked him. Alma looked into his eyes and told him that not only was he such a strong beast but he was also so kind, she loved how well he took care of his father and she told him she hoped he would continue on helping his father. She took in a deep breath and told him the truth that she had not picked him at this time, poor Gulli was not prepared and almost wept by her words, he had been so sure she would pick him, he felt like his world was falling apart, he wanted so much to be her mate but she did not seem to want him. Alma could see the hurt in his eyes and how he was battling himself with not letting tears fall down. She took his hand and told him, he was a wonderful beast but she knew he would hibernate during winter, she told him she needed more protection and she had two mates that hibernated during winter also and she could not afford having another mate hibernate also at this time, she squeezed his hand a little, she did not want to crush his hopes so she told him that he could try after some time but not right away, he felt relieved when she gave him a glimmer of hope, even though he was not the brightest he knew a female like her would need a lot of protection and he would not be able to protect her for eight months of the year but still she had not told him no, he knew he might have a shot in the future and that was enough for him to keep on smiling, he would continue growing stronger for her and himself and he hoped she would accept him and his father in the future. He gave her a big hug and told her he was very thankful that she was giving him a chance and that he would do anything to be accepted in the future, Alma just smiled and told him to take good care of himself and his father, she felt sad, he was just the sweetest bear she had ever met.

Next beast that came into the door was Haffi. Alma lit up when she saw him he was such a beautiful beast and was also so nice. Haffi was delighted when he saw that she was glad to see him, he had missed her, it felt like forever since he had seen her and he had been dreaming of being her mate, he hoped with all his heart he would be pick but he was also realistic, the chances to be picked were slim and he also knew that most of the beasts were mighty but he did not fret, he would be her mate one way or the other, he had all the time in the world, he was very patient. Alma sat down with Haffi and told him that he was incredible and she enjoyed spending time with him. She decided to rip the bandaid fast by telling him straight away that she had not chosen him. She looked at him and told him that she had wanted to pick a few beasts since she had liked more than one but her first mate had not agreed but he had suggested that she would let that beast court her so she asked if he would be willing to court her. Haffi was a little disappointed but still very delighted, she was interested in him and that was enough for him. He could understand very well why the snake had dismissed her accepting more than one beast. He knew she had just invited a beast to her harem and it would not be good to add many beasts at the same time since it would put a lot of strain on all the males. He told her he would follow her everywhere and protect her with all his might. Alma felt relieved, he was willing to accept courting her, she was so happy, she really liked him, she knew he would make the family much more stronger and he was level headed just like her Keith, she was so happy, she wished she could accept him now but she could not be greedy she had to think of her mates. Alma stood up and gave him a good hug, Haffis heart was filled with a new feeling, he wanted to protect this little female with all his heart, she was such a sweetheart, he was head over heels for her and he barely even knew her but he could not wait to know more. Alma told him she was moving very soon to Taurus city and told him to prepare for the move, she told him that Fannar and Keith would go very soon to buy land near the sea, she suggested for him to follow them and help them so he could also buy a house nearby, his heart skipped a beat, she was not lying she was accepting him but the timing was not right so he just had to wait. For the first time in his life he felt that the wait would be difficult but he would endure, for her.

Alma was happy, Haffi agreed going with Fannar and Keith so he was willing, he really was willing, her heart was filled with excitement, her life was like a dream, she never wanted to wake up.

The spider walked confidently towards the cave, he knew she would not pick him but that was alright, he just wanted her to get used to him and give him a chance. He would never admit it but he was a very lonely beast, he knew some beasts but no beast was close to him, after observing Odin with Alma he felt jealous, his heart was empty and he wanted to be wanted, he was strong, intelligent and he knew he was very good looking, all the spiders were, he had to endure, he had to be patient, she was his endgame and it was best to get her by winning her trust. The spider gave her a big smile, she was rather creeped out, she knew he was a dangerous beast but still he affected her, she thought to herself that a lot of women lusted over bad boys, she was rather disappointed that she was one of them. She asked him to sit down and told him that he was very strong beast and every female in this world would be lucky to have him in their family but unfortunately she had not chosen him. For a while the spider just looked at her, he still had a soft smile on his face, he told her he understood but he also told her that he wished she could give him a chance, he was willing to do anything for a chance, Alma did not know what to do or what to say, she still had not forgiven him for how he treated Keith but still he seemed so broken and hurt, she felt kinda bad for doing this to him, she did not know what to do. She told him she might give him a chance if he never ate another morphed beast again unless that beast had attacked him first. The spider felt joy in his heart, he could promise this easily, it was not hard for him to let other beast attack him first if he wanted so he could always eat a beast if he wanted, he told her that he promised, Alma told him that he would have to wait, she was would not be ready for a long time and he would have to be ok with that, he was fine with waiting he had all the time in the world. He walked out of the cave a new beast hoping to change just a little for her. He walked towards the lake but was stopped by Keith, Keith looked at him for a while before saying that they would be moving soon to Taurus city and if he wanted to pursue her he should follow her. Keith told the spider that if he really wanted to be her mate he could not harm her mates, she would never accept anyone that would. He told the spider that if he helped her mates she was more likely to accept him. The spider looked at him thinking, he knew the tortoise did not like him but he was willing to put up with him for her, he felt lucky that he had not eaten him. He felt very thankful to him for this advice so he told him so. Keith just looked at him and told him to be patient, with these words Keith walked away, he felt rather sure giving the spider this information would be in the best interest for his mate. He could not stand the spider but he knew the likelihood of Alma meeting another spider willing to be her mate was almost zero, he wanted his web more than the spider, he was sure this was for the best for his Alma.

God i can ramble on, i was going to have it just  one chapter where she would meet them all and pick, sorry, it might be one or two chapters more, so how are we liking this :) i really like Gulli, who doesn't like a bear, have a great weekend everybody :)