Chapter 81: Food

Zimo had slept the day away. The following day was better, but he still suffered from muscle pain.

According to LongWei his body had already been pushed to the limit while hunting, add in the game of tag he apparently played while intoxicated, it would be strange if he didn't have any soreness.

"Dear, if I ever ask for a sip of wine again I give you permission to hit me." Zimo said as he crawled out of bed.

LongWei simply chuckled at Zimo's decision.

Leaving the room Zimo was met with Cui Tengfei lounging on the couch.

"What is he still doing here?" Zimo thought as he grimaced.

Looking at Zimo's obvious dislike upon seeing him, Cui Tengfei couldn't help but laugh.

"What's the matter, still hungover?" He joked. This time however he was careful not to speak to loudly or quickly.
Hearing Cui Tengfei speak in a clearer voice Zimo was not as annoyed and decided to answer.

"No, just a little muscle strain." Zimo said briefly before moving to the table.

Cui Tengfei stared at Zimo. "LongWei wasn't lying when he said Zimo wouldn't ignore me if I talked slower and quieter." He thought feeling guilty for misunderstanding Zimo this whole time.

The little wolf pups which were naturally following Zimo, gave Cui Tengfei the same unhappy look as their master. Seeing this Cui Tengfei started laughing again forgetting his guilt. "LongWei's family is really interesting." He thought amused by the little fox and baby wolves.

"Zimo, what do you want for breakfast?" LongWei asked as he prepared to cook.

"Just some egg porridge with a little ginger. My stomach is still a little uncomfortable." Zimo said.

"Ginger? Isn't that an herb used in medicine. Are you really okay eating something so bitter?" Cui Tengfei asked a little disgusted.

"It is, but LongWei knows how to cook it so it's delicious." Zimo praised. He had taught LongWei a lot of recipes he remembered from his previous life, and LongWei had taken those and would sometimes modify them making them much more delicious.

"Oh! I look forward to trying it then." Cui Tengfei said amused.

LongWei quickly finished cooking the rice porridge. It was thick and creamy with ginger, leek, and salt added to eat. On top he placed a large hard boiled chicken egg. Zimo took a deep breath clearly satisfied by the delicious smell.

LongWei then placed a fresh cup of goats milk. They had made a habit of drinking a cup every day. Cui Tengfei stared at the appetizing bowl in front of Zimo and LongWei.

"Where's mine?" He asked half drooling.

LongWei didn't even glance at Cui Tengfei before saying, "Feel free to serve yourself."

Cui Tengfei wasn't offended and quickly headed to the kitchen to fill a bowl full of rice porridge.

As they ate, Cui Tengfei could not help but admire LongWei's culinary skill. "This is better than the stuff they sell in the palace." He praised.

Cui Tengfei had participated in a few royal banquets as a son of nobility. He had never liked them, the food was always cold or tasteless, or simply seasoned with salt. It couldn't compare to LongWei's simple porridge.

Zimo nodded in approval. LongWei saw Zimo enjoying the porridge and revealed a satisfied smile while internally he thought. "It's worth cooking to see my little birdie smile with his cute little cheeks stuffed full."
...