Chapter 106: A Relaxing Day At Home

The next day Zimo didn't wake up until noon. They had gone several rounds and Zimo felt completely drained. On the other hand LongWei was glowing.

Recently LongWei had been careful not to overdue things. However, they hadn't done it to the end for quite some time with all the guests and work that needed to be done. The result was that they both went a little crazy leaving Zimo defeated in bed.

Curled up with the quilt Zimo's uttered in a hoarse dry voice. "Beast." LongWei with expert hands moved to massage Zimo. With a slight chuckle he said, "I'll go make you some porridge soon."

"Let the babies in first, and bring some milk for little Bay." Zimo muttered.

After eating, Zimo no longer wanted to stay in bed. At the same time, he couldn't do much else with his body sore from the night before.

In the end he decided to work on his Othello game. He had asked the carpenter to make a flat board and several round game pieces. All that was left was the painting.

Traditionally, one side is white and the other is black. Zimo wanted to save time and money so he decided to paint one side black and leave the other side the brown wood color.

Curious, LongWei sat by Zimo's side on the couch and watched him paint. "This is a game you would play in your world?"

"I did play it a few times, but it wasn't the most popular game." Zimo admitted.

"What kinds of games were more popular?" LongWei asked.

"Computer or video games I suppose." Zimo said without much thought.

"What are those?"

"Well, they can be anything. From something as simple as a popping bubbles, to the more complicated rpg. It's a little hard to explain clearly without first explaining video." Zimo said thinking about how to best explain things.

"In my world, we have electricity. It's a form of energy that can be used to create light. Using this energy, people managed to manipulate light to show detailed pictures. These pictures can move and have sound. Imagine looking at a painting and seeing two people fight. The people look real, but also smaller in size." Zimo explained.

"That sounds amazing. Do you know how to make light with electricity? If you do we can use the light at night instead of fire." LongWei questioned.

"I do, and I don't. It needs to many things that aren't available. Things that I don't have the skill or correct materials to make." Zimo said blushing.

Noticing Zimo discomfort LongWei quickly changed topics. "So, how do people use these pictures to play games?"

"We'll with a computer. People can control the pictures to move the way they want. Like this they can make the people fight or do other things." Zimo's explanation might have missed a lot of details, but the general idea was clear.

"People in your world enjoyed acting like gods controlling the people in these games." LongWei commented.

"Yes, but isn't that what games like chess and Go also do? The only difference is what you see. In chess, you use little blocks of wood that represent people or soldiers. While in video games we use pictures." Zimo countered.

As they chatted, Zimo and LongWei finished painting each piece and the board. "How long do you think it will take to dry?" Zimo asked looking at LongWe.

"It should be finished by tomorrow." LongWei said as he looked at their work.

"Then, tomorrow I'll teach you how to play. It's really simple." Zimo said excited for some games. This winter would be boring without anything to do. Playing Othello, was one way to pass the time. Zimo thought as he put away the extra paint. He had bought a lot because of the signs they made.