Chapter 78: Let's Play Tag

After removing the animals Zimo wanted to quickly go shopping. They had a long list of things they needed to by before officially settling down for the winter.

Noticing Zimo pulling out a paper Cui TengFei slipped behind Zimo to read what it said.

"You're writing is beautiful, but a lot of them looked off. I can't understand what most of it says." Cui Tengfei said as he looked at the list.

"Zimo simplified a lot of the characters to make it easier to write." LongWei said. He knew Zimo's way of writing was different from what is learnt by scholars and nobles in this world, so he quickly made an excuse for him.

"Really, that's pretty cool." Cui Tengfei said impressed. "Bear can you also read this?" He asked curiously.

LongWei nodded. Zimo had indeed started teaching him how to read and write. Zimo initially decided to him as a way to communicate and make notes, lists, or records of their possessions or plans. Later, it was an interesting activity they could do together to pass the time.

"That reminds me, Zimo do you want to take a look at a bookstore? We should be able to afford one or two books and some more paper and ink." LongWei asked. During the winter they would need something for entertainment.

"Ah, I also want to buy some black and white paint and wooden medalists from a carpenter with square board." Zimo noted. He had thought of making a not hello board game. They had go and chess boards, but Zimo wasn't interested in those games. He preferred something simpler like othello.

"Okay." LongWei said as they walked forward. Cui Tengfei followed along, clearly not planning to leave anytime soon.

As they moved from store to store buying the items written on the list. Cui Tengfei and LongWei discussed what was happening in the army, the trouble with the Yuan family and so on and so forth. Zimo didn't pay much attention to it.

"You can't be planning on heading back up the mountain tonight are you?" Cui TengFei asked noticing the sun begin to set. It was now fall, so the sun set much earlier than in the summer.

"We'll head over to old man Li's place after this. We usually spend the night there and travel back up the mountain in the morning." LongWei answered.

"What? Old man Li lives nearby. I haven't seen him in ages." Cui Tengfei said obviously intended to follow along. He then rested his arm over LongWei's shoulder. "Why does he keep touching LongWei?" Zimo thought as a sour feeling bubbled up inside.

As expected Cui TengFei followed Zimo and LongWei to old man Li's place. He followed the couple on a large beautiful horse with a red hue to its coat. Staring at the horse, Zimo wanted to pet it.

"Go ahead and let him if you want. He's real friendly." Cui Tengfei said noticing the desire in Zimo's eyes.

Zimo, however resisted the temptation and climbed up on the mule cart. He then picked up the wolf pup Chu and distracted himself by petting its soft black fur.

"BUAHAHA! You're wife is the best" Cui TengFei said as he observed Zimo. He than proceeded to grab LongWei's shoulder again. After which, he promptly received a look of dislike from Zimo.

Both LongWei and Cui Tengfei had noticed Zimo was unhappy every time they touched or acted too intimately. LongWei didn't say anything to stop it enjoying the rare look of jealousy on his little birdie's face. Cui TengFei on the other hand found it amusing.

...

Arriving at the Li's house, old man Li was excited seeing Cui Tengfei.

"Boy, it's been a long time. Have you been keeping out of trouble? He said as he invited them inside.