Chapter 36: BUSY

Waking up in a much better mood, Zimo wanted to start clearing a section for their new house. The original yard wasn't currently big enough. They would either need to replace some of the existing structures within the yard or build outside the yard. Building outside the yard meant preparing a new fence as well.

Zimo decided to build the house on the side facing the river. They would centre it would the current wall and build around. The new entrance would face the river, with the animals barn door would face the to the left. They would keep the fence in this area, but lower the inside wall allowing them to see inside, but keeping it separate.

As for the current existing structures. They would not be changed. The current house would become storage and all purpose. And the kitchen would be used for cooking medicine or other smelly things. Zimo also wanted to make a covered walkway from the new house to the toilet.

"LongWei can we build a well? Getting water from the river might be very difficult in the winter." Zimo asked.

"Hm, we should, but I don't know how to dig one myself. We can hire people." LongWei replied. The actual digging of the well wasn't the problem, but choosing where to dig could cause problems.

A few days later, LongWei walked with Zimo to choose trees. They needed to be tall, and straight. If it was only for a fire, LongWei would have chosen the smaller trees making it easier to move, but the thicker the trees the less they would need.

They tried to choose trees that are twenty centimetres thick. Reaching a comfortable height for LongWei who is almost two meters tall. They expected to need a minimum of twelve trees per wall for four walls. They would need more than fifty trees if they included the roof.

After calculating all of this Zimo grew depressed. It was a lot of work. A lot of work that LongWei would need to do almost entirely on his own.

"Cutting the trees is fine, but how are up you supposed to move so many trees by yourself?" Zimo asked worried.

"Hm. I think I need to go back to town again." LongWei said.

"Already, why? Do you plan on hiring people to help cut and move the trees." Zimo asked. He didn't quite like the idea of people coming here, but if it could make things easier for LongWei, he was willing.

"If I hire five strong men, we should be able to get all the trees cut, stacked, and the branches shaved off within three days." LongWei said.

Zimo was shocked, "Will it really only take three days?"

LongWei nodded and continued. "I'll go hire eight guys. Five will help me cut the trees, and the other three will gather mud and stones for the house foundation."

"When do you want to hire them?" Zimo asked.

"I'll focus on hunting for the next week. While I'm gone you will need to care for the animals, garden, and rest." LongWei said.

"Rest? Dear, all I've do recently is rest. I'm not some sickly person who will collapse with the slightest breeze." Zimo said feeling aggrieved. He couldn't deny he wasn't the healthiest, but he wasn't s fragile as LongWei believed.

"Hmm... maybe if you weren't so thin I could believe you?" LongWei said while pinching Zimo's upper arm.

Slap.

"Not everyone can be as big as a bear like you. Hmph..." Zimo exclaimed as he slapped LongWei's hand. When the two stood together the difference was big. Zimo was tall at a hundred and eighty centimetres, but very thin, he could be described as a bean pole. Compared to LongWei who was around a hundred and ninety-five with a wide chest and broad back. His muscles made him look twice as big compared to Zimo.

"Hahaha... well this bear is early hungry. So hurry up and get fat so I can enjoy a nice juicy bite, baby." LongWei teased as he pulled Zimo close for a passionate kiss.

Zimo's mind went blank, being kissed by LongWei really felt like he might be swallowed whole. LongWei sucked and nibbled on Zimo's lips wrapping his strong rough hands around his waist. The more they kissed, the better LongWei got, and the more intoxicating it felt.

...

LongWei became very busy. Every morning he would leave with his hunting bow, knives, basket and rope to go hunting. Before when it was just himself, he might spend days camping deep in the forest to catch prey. However he was worried about Zimo. Zimo had honestly confessed that only when LongWei was next to him could he sleep without any dreams. LongWei didn't want Zimo to have nightmares so he made a point to always come back just before nightfall.

With LongWei gone all day, food became a problem. Zimo couldn't cook. So LongWei prepared buns and that could be eaten cold. In the morning he would cook porridge and Zimo's medicine. At night he would make the next days buns and a vegetable soup. Zimo felt bad leaving all the cooking to LongWei, so he would prepare everything ahead of time, and LongWei would simply need to light the stove and cook.
While LongWei was hunting, Zimo wasn't idle. He started to dig the foundation for the knew house and their new cellar. The cellar would be underground and located next to the house, but the entrance would open up from inside the living room. This way they could go in and out in the winter without worrying about the snow.

Days passed and it was time to go down the mountain again. During this time LongWei managed to catch ten rabbits, three pheasants, a roe deer and mountain goat. The roe deer was caught in a trap LongWei had set previously and the other was found by the watering hole in the vicinity of the cliffs.

LongWei had decided to give the roe deer to old man Li. They had originally agreed in this when he bought the old mule and cart from him. The goat would be sold along with the other animals when they reached town. With these they should have enough money to hire eight men for three days.

Knowing they would have eight people living with them for a few days, Zimo prepared a place for them to sleep. He moved their bed into the smaller wood shed and cleaned the main house for their use. They would need to sleep all together on the floor, but they would have a roof over their heads. For Zimo and LongWei the shed was also cleaned up, and with the bed it wasn't terrible.

With everything cleaned up and ready, LongWei and Zimo went back down the mountain after only two weeks since the last time.
...