Chapter 94: Bay

In the afternoon, they moved to an area near a cliff. Zimo and LongWei had been here a few times because there were several hawthorn bushes.

"This doesn't look good." Chang Shaoqing said as he admired the huge mess before them.

"This might have been the shaking you felt during the storm." LongWei said as he turned towards Zimo.

The side of the cliff had collapsed in a spectacular mudslide. Trees were buried beneath a large area of mud or crushed by huge boulders. The sight was terrifying. "Nothing stands a chance against Mother Nature." Zimo thought as he looked at the devastating sight before him.

"Let's skip this area for now. It's too dangerous to work here while the soil is loose." Kong Huizhong suggested.

Nodding they started moving away from the mound.

Meow...

Suddenly Chen stopped, ears perked high on alert.

"What's wrong Chen?" Zimo asked noticing his behaviour.

Meow...

Suddenly all three wolves stood at attention.

"LongWei let's follow them. I think they hear something." Zimo said patting LongWei's back.

"Chen, what is it?" Zimo asked.

Chen turned to look at Zimo briefly before leading the way forward.

Chen approached an area near the base of the cliff. It was covered by mud. Chen started digging with excitement.

"Chong, Chu, help your brother." Zimo directed. LongWei let's move in closer.

"No, it's dangerous to get closer. The cliff side is too unstable." LongWei said. The other men all watched curiously.

"Hey what do you think it could be?" Xu Qingsheng asked elbowing Tan Yan. Tan Yan simply stared at the wolves with rapped attention.

Meow...

The sound was getting louder. LongWei could now hear something. "It sounds like an animal. It might have gotten trapped in a cave during the storm." LongWei told Zimo.

"An animal, what kind?" Zimo asked intrigued.

"I don't know." LongWei admitted.

Meow...

The sound grew louder as the wolves dug through he mud revealing a deep black hole. Chen was about to rush in and capture the target.

"Chen wait. Don't hurt it. Pull it out gently." Zimo warned. He was curious what animal it was.

Chen paused than proceeded to squeeze into the hole. Zimo waited anxiously to see what treasures would come out of the hole.

Meow...

All of a sudden Chen came out holding a small white thing in its mouth. Seeing the tender little movements Zimo's hurt was moved.

"Dear, quick out me down." Zimo said smacking LingWei's back many times consecutively.

LongWei obeyed, but kept close, ready to pick Zimo up and pull him away at the first sign of danger.

Chen a quickly carried the little white bundle over to Zimo and placed it gently in his hands.

Holding the small furry white thing in his hands Zimo was shocked. "So cute!".

Zimo turned to look at LongWei, "Dear! Let's..."

"No! That a tiger. We are not keeping a tiger." LongWei said without giving Zimo a chance to finish.

"Why not? It's so cute, and it's only a baby. It will die if we just leave it here." Zimo pleaded.