Chapter 62: Scythe

It had been almost a month since the last time Zimo had been to the Li's house. The last time, things were a little awkward due to his violent outburst.

As they approached the Li house, Zimo became more and more nervous.

"What's wrong baby?" LongWei asked not understanding why Zimo was so nervous.

"That. Do you think Mrs Li will be unhappy seeing me again?" He probed anxiously.

LongWei froze. At first, he didn't understand why Zimo had that kind of worry, but as he thought about it he remembered the incident from last time.

"Baby, there's nothing to worry about. Mrs Li never blamed you or hated you for what happened." LongWei reassured.

"But... maybe after we left she thought about it some more and realized she really didn't like how I acted and... and..."

"Baby, stop. Mrs Li is not that kind of person, and if she is than I have grossly misjudged her. We don't need to interact with people with that kind of attitude." LongWei said with a grim expression.

Zimo nodded. He was still worried, but felt more secure knowing LongWei would support him no matter what.

As they passed through the village fields they saw old man Li talking with a few men.

Noticing LongWei and Zimo, old man Li called out.

"Oh, it's been awhile since I last saw you two. What brings you down the mountain this time." He asked.

"Tomorrow, we meet with the village leader to separate from the Yuan family." LongWei said.

"So you're finally getting it done." Old man Li said in approval.

"Hm. It's gone too long without being resolved." LongWei said.

"Wait a second and I'll grab some more vegetables. Mrs Li will be making dinner soon." Old man Li said as he walked back to the fields to pick some eggplant and other fresh vegetables.

Zimo, sat nervously on the cart. "Old man Li doesn't seem angry, but that doesn't mean Mrs Li won't have a different opinion." Zimo thought as he observed old man Li.

"Baby, don't worry." LongWei comforted Zimo as he grabbed his hand. Without realizing Zimo had clenched his fist tight leaving marks on the palm of his hands.

As they walked to the house LongWei and old man Li chatted about what had happened over the past month. The atmosphere was calm and like normal. That is for everyone except Zimo. Zimo held LongWei's hand as they walked and the closer they got to the house the tighter his grip.

When they finally arrived at the house and heard Mrs Li's voice as she called out to old man Li, Zimo stopped breathing.

LongWei leaned over and whispered in his ear. "Baby, breath. Everything will be okay."

"Old lady, I've brought LongWei and Zimo." Old man Li called out.

Mrs Li rushed out from the main room with her usual kind smile. "XiaoMo, LongWei welcome. How have you been?" She said.

Zimo stared at Mrs Li, unsure of what he should say.

"We've been well. Mrs Li, do you mind if Zimo and I stay here for a night?" LongWei asked.

"What are you asking for? Of course you can stay here. I wouldn't have it any other way. Quick come inside." Mrs Li said.

Hearing Mrs Li act as normal, Zimo felt his eyes grow hot.  He didn't want to cry, but couldn't hold back so he hid behind LongWei's back as he tried to suppress the tears.