Chapter 66: Guests

Returning home, Zimo was quiet.

"Baby, what are you thinking about?" LongWei asked.

"Dear do you think it's possible TingFeng is involved with what Leader Xu mentioned earlier?" Zimo said as he looked at LongWei eyes full of worry.

"It's possible." LongWei admitted. He had also considered this when he heard about the other party interest3 in purchasing the mountain.

"Will things be okay? I... I didn't know your brother knew people with so much money. Money can buy influence. If he knows someone with money he might know more powerful people than us. I'm worried." Zimo admitted.

"Don't worry. It's within my calculations. I didn't think he could convince someone to try and buy our mountain, but it doesn't change our plans." LongWei said.

"What plans?" Zimo asked curiously.
"Their are three things I plan to prepare. The first is traps. I plan on setting a lot of traps in the area surrounding our home. I didn't previously because if someone were to die in the traps we can be held responsible. However now that we own the mountain it is within our right to kill anyone who trespasses."

"Killing people is..." zimo mumbled.

"Baby, our safety is the most important." LongWei rebuked.

"The second is to contact an acquaintance of mine from the army. We were both part of the same unit, he moved on to rise in the ranks because of the influence of his family, while I left. If I returned as planned it would have been to join his unit."

"Is he able to help us?" Zimo asked.

"Hm. His family has a lot of influence in the capital. With his help we can get in contact with those who have the a higher position than my brother."

"Who are the people your brother is in contact with."

"They are all people who are involved in the gambling houses or brothels. My brother has been following my elder brother and father to those places since he was young and gaining contacts. These people have influence and money, but also a lot of weaknesses given their vices. With a little pressure from above they will quickly a on one him." LongWei clarified.

"The last one is too get my brother arrested. He is smart and covers his tracks well. However I've known him all his life, it won't be difficult to dig up his crimes." LongWei said with confidence.

"Baby, you don't have to worry about TingFeng or the Yuan family. Rather you should focus on the new house. We need to start preparing for construction at the end of the month." LongWei said in an attempt to divert Zimo's focus.

LongWei knew the Yuan family had hurt Zimo deeply. It had been less than one month, but his body had a subconscious reaction whenever they were involved. He would become very quiet, and his body would become tense and rigid. LongWei observed Zimo's tense body loosen as he began to think about the new house.

Reaching their house it was already late. Zimo let the wolf pups off from the back of the cart as they approached the gate. He didn't feel comfortable leaving them at home alone. When they went down the mountain they would ride the cart or stay in a bamboo cage.

For example when he went into leader Xu's house. He couldn't take them, so they stayed in the cart. They were very obedient for Zimo, but never listened to LongWei.

As the pups ran around the cart and Zimo who was walking beside it excitedly, suddenly they stopped and began to growl like the fierce little wolves they are.

Grrr...
Both LongWei and Zimo noticed their change immediately and turned to see what had raised their vigilance.

"Woah!? Are those the wolf's babies y'a pulled out last time?" Yan DanDan yelled from the front gate of the house.