Fake Happiness - Logan x Patton

Trigger warning: bullies

TAAAAAKE OOOONNN MEEEEE

TAKE ON MEE

TAAAAKE MEEEE OOOONNN

TAKE ON ME

--

Patton had always been the happy and enthusiastic in school, teachers dub him as "happy boy" which he doesn't mind. It was until one day the bullies began to take notice, they decided they wanted to knock him down a peg or two...

"Hey, idiot" Patton turned his head too see a few boys surrounding him while he was at his locker. Scared, he closed the locker and pressed himself into it, weren't these the bullies of the school? But he doesn't get involved with them!

"Look how scared he is, fucking baby" one spat, Patton shrunk away from him, he was never good with confrontation or intimidating people. One of them slammed his hand against Pattons head, the noise echoed down the hall. Patton yelped and shrunk away even further.

They laughed, spitting a few more insults that really hurt him before they left.

(Hang on, just gonna kill them)

Patton watched them go, his heart racing in his chest. His closest friend walked down the hallway towards him with roman and Virgil in tow. Patton quickly straightened up and plastered a smile on his face, those hurtful words still fresh in his mind.

"Good morning, Patton" Logan greeted, instantly sensing something was wrong with his dear friend.

"Hi, Logan" Patton replied, not near his usual happy voice. Roman and Virgil didn't notice, they were too in deep of a conversation, Logan decided to push it to the side for now and if he kept acting off he would ask him about it later.

For the rest of the day Patton was fine so Logan forgot about how he acted that morning.

But, the next day the same thing happened. The bullies came up to him and Patton instantly pressed into the locker.

"Pl-please leave me alone!" Patton begged, the boys shared a look and burst out laughing, making Patton blush in embarrassment.

"What? Will you get your friends on us?" One taunted. Patton nodded his head and they laughed in his face.

"They don't care about you, no one does! Isn't that obvious? It's no wonder your Dad left" Patton choked down a sob and they cackled as they walked away.

Opening his locker Patton hid his face, rubbing his eyes quickly, desperately trying to block out what they had said from his mind.

"Good morning, Patton" he heard Logan say. Oh no. Patton looked in his phone reflection before closing the locker, grinning too wide for it to be real.

"Hi, Logan!" He said happily, but...Logan knew it was fake, something about the tone and the look on his face.

"Are you okay?"

"What? Me? Pffft, yeah! I'm fine, Logan" Patton smiled, Logan seeing through his lie like it was a window.

"Patton, tell me the truth"

Patton faltered, "really, Logan! I'm fine" Patton did a little wave and rushed down the hallway, out of their sight.

"Did you see that...?" Logan asked the other two who were making out against the lockers. Logan sighed and pinched his nose, what is the point of friends if they just do this.

Patton was upset for the rest of they day but tried to hide it from everyone, it made Logan a bit mad that, one: he was hiding it from him and two: no one else noticed. How could they not? He wasn't acting himself at all!

By the end of the day Logan had had enough and pulled Patton into an empty classroom.

"Patton, I refuse to believe you are okay. Tell me what is wrong, I can help"

Patton stuttered, shaking his head. "Logan, I'm-"

"Getting on my nerves? I thought friends were supposed to trust each other?"

"I do trust you!"

"Then why are you keeping this from me?" Logan crossed his arms and Patton sighed, looking down.

"I just...I don't want to worry you, Logan. I feel bad" Logan took a step closer to him, "I am more worried that you will not tell me, please do not feel bad, its okay" Patton sniffled.

"The-the...bu-"

"Hey, boys! I found 'em" Logan ignored the voice, also ignoring the boys who walked into the classroom.

Pattons eyes widened and he took a step back, now Logan knew what was wrong.

"Hey, nerd? Leav-"

Logan swung his arm around and got the boy right in the crotch, he doubled over in pain, falling to the floor. Patton gasped and Logan instantly grabbed Pattons arm, sprinting out of the room, the boys chased them but they hid in a janitors room.

Panting, Patton hugged him tightly and Logan hugged back.

"I can't believe you did that" Patton whispered, astonished.

"I cannot bare to think someone is hurting you, Patton" Patton blushed and smiled, hugging Logan again.

"Tell me next time they ever even look at you, promise?"

"I promise, Logan" Patton whispered, smiling widely.

--

Thanks for the request