I won't give up, until you are safe

Diana was on the floor almost all beaten up, but there was still energy left in her, Akko was on top of her, a sad yet weird smile on her face.

The brunette leaned in closed her eyes while meeting with Diana's forehead, she let out a smile regreating sigh.

-"I never wanted to let you see me like this, but I have no other choice"- Akko softly whispered.

-"Wh... what do you mean?"- Diana said through her pain.

Akko didn't answer she just smile, Diana taken aback by that smile that she have never seen before.

The brunette stood her ground, looking directly at the dragon's eyes.

-"I won't let you hurt her anymore!"- She screamed furious, her eyes started to shine bright red, and her teeths, have taken a sharp form each, two horns appeard on her head, and a tail, for the last there where a pair of black dragon like wings -"I will not let you take my happiness away anymore!"- She screamed again before rushing toward the big dragon.

Hours passed and Akko now was standing, ahonizing by the pain she was feeling, blood was streaming down her face, her arm was injured and her leg had a vertical cut on it, making it hard for the girl to move.

-"I won't give up"- Akko said to herself glancing toward Diana, who was looking at her with a horrified expression.

-"I'm sorry"- Akko mouthed to the girl.

The glanced back at the dragon, who was all burned and injured, not much energy left in it.

Akko used all her energy left in one hit, she made a magic red barrier, concentrating all her power in it.

She pointed at the dragon and screamed the spell's name.

Diana's eye widen -"Akko! You'll kill yourself if you do that!"- she cried out, knowing the potential the spell she was doing.

-"You are worth it, even my single last breath, I would lose it, if is for you"- Akko said smiling, a few tears streaming down her face.

Akko fired the spell, making that her hand get injured badly, by the power.

The dragon open his mouth, attempting to swallo the magic it contained, but it was even hard for him to do so, making him ashes as it touched him.

Akko turned around, gifting a last weak smile to Diana -"You are safe now"- She breathed out, before falling to the floor.

-"No! No! No! Don't you dare leave me"- Diana panicked rushing toward her, kneeling beside her, she started ti make a healing spell, but her lost of energy, only giving her time to cure the small cuts -"Please Akko, don't leave me, not now, I don't care If you are different, I will still love you"- She cried.

Akko glanced toward Diana's eyes, flinching in pain, she lifted her hand, caresing the girl's cheek with the thumb -"Don't cry"- She softly said -"We'll see each other again"- she promised, pulling her down slowly placing a soft weak kiss on the girl -"I love you"-

Diana's eye widen, watching Akko's body vanishing right in her eyes.