Fifthteen

In a mansion, in the second floor, the sobbing of a girl could be heard in the empty hallways, of the huge place.

As the girl was curled up in a ball in the bed a noise gained her attention, making her slowly lift her head.

The tapping was heard again, she glanced at the window.

-"Akko"- Was the only thing she said, pushing her sheets off and cleaning the remaining tears in her face, as she walked and opened the window.

-"What are you doing here? You know they don't like you"- The blonde said, trying to hide the fact that she waa crying.

Akko stepped in and without answering, she pulled the girl into a hug.

-"Can't I come and see my Juliet?"- She said smiling, but it soon faded -"Tomorrow is your birthday"- She said, wishing it wasn't real.

Diana glanced to her feet -"I can't do it, I don't wanna go, I love you, I just can't denied it and be happy with someone they'll choose"- She started sobbing again.

Akko glanced at the girl, her as filled with sadness.

-"Diana, look at me"- She softly said,taking the girl by the chin and making her look up, connecting their lips in a slow kiss.

-"Go tomorrow, I have something planed for it"- Akko smiled -"I promise, I'm not going to let them take you away from me"- She reasured the girl, picking her up bridal style and took her to the bed -"I'm not leaving until you fall asleep"- She added carefully placing the girl on the bed, caressing the girl's hair.

After a while a soft snore was heard signalling the girl she could leave, she stood up from the bed and leaned down, placing a soft kiss on the girl's forehead -"Sleep well my princess, see you tomorrow"- She whispered before walking toward the window stepping out and jumping with ease.

She chuckle remembering the first time she did that, Diana alsmot hit her, shaking off the thought she rushed to her friends house, knocking on the door, being meet by the girl's parents.

-"Excuse my late visit, but I have something urgent to speak with Lotte"- Akko said scratching her head.

The mother shook her head and let out a sigh -"What are you up to this time?"- She simply asked stepping aside, to let the girl enter.

-"Prevent a tradicion"- She simply answer.

-"Even if I try to speak to you out of it, you'll do whatever you want, right"- The mother said.

Akko nodded -"You are right Miss Yanson"- She smiled and went upstair, entering the dark blonde's room -"Lotte"- She said, as she saw the girl reading a book.

-"What is the matter Akko?"- She said placing the book down.

-"You know tomorrow is Diana's birthday, well, I need a man's suit"- She said as she sat in a chair.

Lotte lifted and eyebrow -"What are you going to do this time?"- She scoff, jumping of her bed and taking out some silks to do the suit.

-"Well..."-

--- Next day ---

-"You look wonderful"- Diana's mother squealed watching the girl, who was looking at her self in the mirror.

A light blue dress that rested just above her knees, that had a few white silks in the skirt part, and a dark blue flower on the chest part, white boot skilettos and light blue accesories.

-"Do I really have to do this?"- Diana said looking at her dress.

Her mother groaned -"Why can't you just be like other girls? Why can't you just do things without asking?"- Her mother said annoyed.

-"Because I can't just acept that this tradition is to make guys know I am a young woman that is prepare to be used as a sexual toy or a slave"- the girl said furious -"I already love someone, I don't one some stranger in mu life, that YOU or DAD choose"- She finish, but as she did, a hand meet her right cheek, making the spot hurt.

-"Hear you little maggot, I didn't raise you to disobey every single rule, a tradition, is a tradition, now you will go out there and don't say a word!"- Her mother said, frustratedly brushing her hand in her hair while walking away murmuring something.

Diana touched her cheek and flinched by the touch, before letting out a sigh, letting someone cover it with make up, before walking toward the big room, where a vals was going to start.

15 guys in line, she looked at them, she had to dance with all of them, one after the other she danced, her feets hurted once she arrived at the last one.

-"You seem a little bit tired"- He said, a smile on his face, as he leaned down and kissed the girl's hand -"A princess like you should be seen like that"- He continue, starting to dance with her.

Diana mid closed her eyes looking at her companions -"Do I know you?"- She asked curious, as she they continue to dance around the room.

-"May I apologize for not presenting myself, I'm Atsuko Kagari, you may call me Romeo"- He smirked, seeing the girl's eyes go wide.

-"A-A..."-

-"Shh... Don't say it, nobody else knows my real name"- She winked and leaned toward the girl -"Let's leave"- She whispered in the girl's ear.

Making Diana's heart flutter, her cheeks reddening, as she looked at the girl's red eyes.

-"I-I can't"- Diana choked out.

-"Yes you can, follow you heart, is your life not theirs"- Atsuko reasurred the girl.

Diana thought about it for a while, and without thinking she pulled the (boy) into a kiss, gaining a few gasp from the guests.

Akko nodded and pulled the girl toward the door, watching toward the girl's mom, without taking her gaze from her, she let loosen her hair and with a smile said -"Hate me all you want, but I won't allow you to take the love of my life"- and with that she rushed toward the entrance, hearing yelling behind them.

-"Lotte!"- Akko screamed.

-"Here!"- She asnwered beside the building with a black horse beside her.

-"I'm totally going to miss you"- Akko cried and hugged her, quickly after hopping on the horse and helping Diana up.

-"BE CAREFUL!!!"- Lotte screamed as she watched the pair leave the town.