CHAPTER 108

—three days later—

The land of iron was a cold and bitter place.

The harsh stinging breeze would come every few minutes.my hands and feet were so cold,they almost felt numb.

But I didn't complain.

Obito had given me his cloak before we even got here.

I was surprised,Sasuke and Madara,even Obito seemed to be unbothered by the cold.it wasn't such a good sign.although,I was trying to keep my shivering to myself.

We've been walking for days now.i was tired and exhausted from it.

I wonder if Obito was okay.he was the one with less layers on.

"We're stopping here."Madara said as we came across a small cave.

I looked to him and frowned,was he cold to?i bet they all were.they probably just didn't want to admit it.

Another stinging breeze passed,I followed Madara into the cave along with Sasuke and Obito.

Now that I'm thinking about it,what happened with Hidan,Kakazu,Deidara and Sasori.i haven't seen them in a while...last I heard was that they went to Konoha for intel.

I hope there ok.i thought.

As we all entered inside the cave,I looked around for any signs of danger.along with everyone else.we had to be sure.

I didn't sense any chakra.

My fingers grazed my hair,placing a strand behind my ear as I walked to the wall.i sat on the floor and hugged my own self for warmth.

It was freezing in here.i sighed as I closed my eyes.we finally stopped walking.

Hearing footsteps near,I barley opened my eyes looking next to me.

Madara had sat a few feet away from me.

Suddenly,a bright burst of light formed,I looked forward.Sasuke had started a fire in the center of all of us.

The warmth of the flames reached me.

I bet I'd be even warmer if I was with you.i thought and looked to Madara again who seemed to be staring at the bright fire.i wonder what he was thinking.

I took a deep breath,This felt good...I was growing more tired with each second that passed.

I didn't want to sleep,I wanted to use this chance to talk to Madara and everyone else..but my body wouldn't let me.

Me eyes closed,making me fall into a deep slumber.
—————
I heard the sound of footsteps.

My eyes slowly opened.

Who's up right now?i thought hazily as I sat up.i figured everyone would be asleep...

My thoughts had vanished as I watched Sasuke walking out of the cave.

Where was he going?i thought.

Turning my head,Obito was asleep in a sitting position on the floor.and Madara,the same but further back.

I softly smiled.

He looked so peaceful when he was sleeping.i took a deep breath and got up.i made my way out of the cave.it was still bothering him..I just know it.

Unlike me,Sasuke didn't have anyone to tell him that he wasn't at fault.he must feel like he was alone in this,but that's what I'm here for.

As I stepped out,I felt the gentle touch of snow landing atop of my head.