Storms

Trigger warning

Dean was in his room when a loud clap of thunder echoed threw the bunker. He opened his eyes his eyes and looked around. He hated storms, they reminded him of hell. Reminded him of the souls he tourchered. Reminded him of himself being tourchered. The 40 years of physical and mental pain.

He jumped of his bed and made his way to the library. Sam was sat reading a book on law. He looked up when Dean entered the room. Dean nodded towards him.

"Sammy, storm tonight?" he asked. Sam nodded.

"Yeah, supposed to be all night, why?" he asked.

"No reason" Dean said, turning and going back to his room. He put his headphones on and turned them to full volume to drown out the thunder. It didn't work. He curled up into a ball in the middle of his bed. He started sobbing. Tears falling from his blood shot eyes.

The bunker door slammed as Cas walked down the metal steps. He knew Dean heated storms. He knew the reminded him of hell. As soon as he heard there was going to be a storm by the bunker, he had to get to his hunter. His Dean.

"Sam, where is Dean?" he asked as he entered the library. Sam looked up from his book.

"In his room, why?" he asked, puzzled

"Don't worry, thank you" the angel replied as he raced down the halls to room 11. He could hear faints crying as he got there. He didn't bother knocking as he opened the door.

Dean was now sat in one of the corners of his room, knife in hand. Cas eyes widened. Blood was dripping from his rist, fist clenched closed. He cut a smaller one again, not noticing Castiel in the room now. Cas ran over to Dean, taking of his coat on the way.

"Dean no, we've talked about this" Cas said as he took the nife out of Dean's hand and threw it across the room. He healed the cut but it still left a scar. Adding another two the many on both wrists. Dean didn't look up from the floor.

"Dean, look at me" Cas said, staring at Dean sternly. Dean looked up into the deep blue eyes of his angel.

"You promised me you would stop" Cas said, letting his own tear fall from his eyes. He hated seeing Dean hurt, especially when he hurt himself.

"I did, 2 months but then... This..." he said looking up at the ceiling.

"Dean, I love you and it hurts me when you do this to yourself." Cas said. Dean lowered his eyes back down. Cas placed a peck on his lips.

"I'm sorry" Dean croked out. Cas pulled him onto his lap, hugging him tightly. He placed a soft kiss to his head.

"Let's get you to bed" Cas said, lifting Dean up and putting him on the bed. He took of his suit jacket and shoes before getting in the bed with him. He pulled the covers over them both. They both layed on their sides facing each other. Dean snuggled into Cas's chest, still crying.

"Cas," Dean stated.

"Yes?" Cas replied

"Thank you" Dean breathed in the cent of his lover. It always calmed him down.

"Any time" Cas said, kissing Dean on the head again.

"I love you, too" Dean whispered with a slight smile. Cas closed his eyes. He knew that this would be the only way to make sure Dean didn't hurt himself again. They both soon fell into a deep sleep, comforted by each others presents.