Hey You, You're Amazing

Psalm 139:14

NIV: I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

Christ has urged me to share this message with you. Lately he's been telling me I NEED to accept myself. I'm generally happy with who I am but I do tend to fall into the pitfall of comparison. I hope you guys enjoy what Christ has been teaching me this past week:)

One of the hardest things about being a teenager is truly liking yourself for who you are. God has made you in his image, your ARE beautiful and you ARE wonderful. Comparison really is the killer of happiness. We tend to say oh, she's prettier than me, or oh he's stronger than me. There is always going to be someone better than you, each of us have or strengths and weaknesses. When you compare yourself to someone else, your not doing Christ's amazing work justice. You are wonderfully made he tells us. I challenge you to evaluate your life right now. Are YOU happy with your family, your relationships with people, your financial standings, your decision making, your career path? If your 7 year old self wouldn't be happy with where you are now, you need to make changes.

Right now ask God to help you, ask him to help you set your paths straight, to make YOU happy with your choices. Once you can look in a mirror and truly see your beauty and worth through Christ, only then can you begin to live a truly happy life. Here is a prayer for self acceptance and being happy:

Christ,
Please work in me. Please help me to see how beautifully you have made me, help me to appreciate your handy work. I want to be truly happy. Show me my strengths and help me to straighten my paths so I can become something we both are proud of. I know the Christian life isn't easy, I'm committed to following you. Oh God, help me to accept myself, help me to be truly,deeply happy.
In Jesus Name,
Amen

{ Katie leaves for a school music trip to the USA tomorrow so she will be unable to post. Pray for a fun,safe trip that creates lots of memories for her! No posts will go up Friday Saturday and Sunday as me and Megan have Bible Camp training. Pray we will both come back very enlightened}

-Taylor