Matthew 6:3-4

~Matthew 6:3-4~

NCV: So when you give to the poor, don't let anyone know what you are doing. Your giving should be done in secret. Your Father can see what is done in secret, and he will reward you.

NIV: But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

Meaning: Hey everyone! Happy New Year! Maybe one of your "New Year resolutions" is to give back to God and really lifting him up in all that you do ... maybe through your actions, by donating money to your church or to organizations, giving your time, whatever! But I challenge you as this verse says to do it in secret. We are constantly seeking people's approval, to say good job and congratulate us on our hard work, but that shouldn't be or motive for giving! I find this great quote that totally tied into this: "Don't shine so that others can see you, shine so that through you, others can see him." Through your actions, your giving, your service you can shine that light and plant a seed, show Gods love! Work for a cause, not for applause... Another great quote! You might not get that congratulations, but know that your Father in Heaven sees those things that you are doing and will reward you! I think that that's much better than what people can do. So instead of broadcasting the fact that you just cleaned up the whole house, just do it quietly, knowing that God is smiling down on you :)

God bless you all during 2015! Make these next 365 days great! Have a lovely night.

-Katie