1 Peter 2:1

NIV: Therefore, rid yourselves of all malice and all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and slander of every kind.

 NCV: So then, rid yourselves of all evil, all lying, hypocrisy, jealousy, and evil speech.

 Meaning: Don’t be hateful. Quit trying to fool people with your lies, and start being sincere. Don’t be jealous or say cruel things about others. All these things lead to other bad things and they do not help us become a better person.  You may need help in one of these more than others such as not being jealous over friend’s belongings. In my opinion people should not say that hate someone or they hate something. In reality, they may dislike it, but nobody should hate anyone or anything. That someone that you “hate” is loved by others and the same with anything else. Everybody knows that lying is bad, whether they’re Christian or not, lying is something that will just cause trouble in the long run. But as Christians, we know it’s more serious than people may think. We know it’s a sin that we will get punished for, so if you have troubles with lying, pray about it. Admit to God that you know you need to stop and he will help you. Be sincere to others. When you show that you care towards others, it really makes an impact on them I can guarantee. Do not be a hypocrite. People say they are strong believers in Christ; they say they are not just a fan of him, but a follower. Yet they go around in public or at school and you would never be able to tell that they knew him as their Lord and saviour. They swear like crazy, go to parties, drink, that’s not a follower of the Lord. He does not want us doing that kind of stuff. Do not be jealous. 1 Corinthians 13:4 says “Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant”. Love does not envy or boast. Love means do not be jealous of others, and do not brag for what you have of your own. Simply be content with what you have.  Last but certainly not least, get rid of your evil speech. Some people may make fun of their friends by saying “you’re so stupid” or calling names like retard, or loser, or something. Even though your just joking you never know how your friends going to take it. They’re not positive words that will bring your friend up, so rather than saying that, use positive words that will make them smile J who doesn’t like a comment to make them smile!  Remember these things to rid yourself of. Work on the ones you need help with most to become godlier like!

-Megan