1 corinthians 13:4-7

1 Corinthians 13:4-7

NIV: Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Meaning: This is one of my absolute favorite bible verses!! I feel like this is a verse each of us can connect with, as we all have love in our lives. Many of you may have heard of the song "Same Love" by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis featuring Mary Lambert. This song focus's on the topic of same sex marriage which I won't get into in this post but the song ends with the lines:

"love is patient, love is kind."

First of all, it's very catchy and I love how it's the start of a bible verse. This verse is so true!! It talks about what real love is. Gods love for us follows all of the things stated in this verse. If you want true love, you must work towards these things. When things go wrong you must persevere, protect, be patient and trust each other. On the flip side, when things are great you must not boast, be kind, hopeful and truthful. All of these are the keys to true love. This verse, really sums up the keys to love for us in some simple, beautiful words.

Take action: If you don't mind listening to a song about same sex marriage then for sure go listen to "Same Love" or at least listen to the ending that uses this verse! Also, this verse is very commonly used at wedding ceremonies! I think that is such a fabulous and perfect fitting verse for a wedding, so keep that in the back of your mind for when you marry your special someone! ;)

Goodnight guys!
Remember, love is patient, love is kind.

-Taylor!