Ephesians 6:16

Ephesians 6:16

NIV: In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.

NCV: And also use the shield of faith with which you can stop all the burning arrows of the Evil One.

Meaning: The devil is always trying to get to us, he makes it his mission to draw us away from The Lord. But, when we believe in Jesus and have faith in his promises, nothing can get to us. Like this verse says, create a shield. Tell yourself that Jesus has promised to protect you, there is no way for Satan to get to you. Once you believe, your faith becomes your shield. Not even flaming arrows of Satan can get through your shield of faith. God's love and promises stand true. If you believe and push yourself to have a relationship with God, your shield of faith will be impenetrable. Nothing will be able to get to you, Gods love can withstand anything.

Take action: We all face trials and tough times in life. In times like those I like to use memory verses and repeat them to myself. Some of the best verses I suggest memorizing is:

Jer 29:11: For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Phil 4:13: I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

And especially....

1 Cor 10:13: No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.

** I'm so sorry guys! I've been swamped with homework this past week and I somehow missed posting! Ah I feel horrible, but here it is!***

GOD BLESS

-Taylor