1 Corinthians 9:25

Today's verse: 1 Corinthians 9:25

NIV: Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.

NLT: All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize.

Meaning: To play things like sports you must work hard and disciplined in that sport. If you play hockey, you spend hours and hours pushing to skate faster and shoot with a better accuracy. To become better at something you value isn't easy but it'll be worth it in the end. The same goes for us as Christians except to a more extreme level. Instead of it being a sport, it's a lifestyle. Each day we spend hours and hours trying to get closer to our God. Instead of a couple hours at the rink doing drills you spend 24 hours giving your all to God wherever you go. In sports you compete. Weather it be for a cheesy medal or a trophy to show how well you did, it will never compare to the reward you will get from God. Like all the material possessions of the world, they will fade away. Once you die, that cheesy hockey medal you got from winning that tournament last weekend will be worthless. Eternal life and any other rewards you may revive in heaven will last forever. They will be worth much more than any reward ever could be. All the years,weeks,days,hours, and seconds you spent giving your all to God will be worth it in the end.

Take Action: I know what your thinking, it's hard to dedicate 100% of your life to God. Just like sports it takes time and practice. I challenge each of you to set goals for yourself. Whether it be reading the bible everyday, memorizing some verses or listening to more Christian music. Set goals for yourself to achieve the ideal Christian lifestyle of giving your all to him 100% of the time.

I found this verse to be super cool! I really like how it compares it to something almost all of us can relate to, sports! Speaking of sports, let me know what sports you play or are hoping to play! I play soccer in the summer and I hope to be playing rugby and field hockey for my school this year! Have a great night guys! Jesus loves you!

-Taylor :*