Hebrew 13:8

Hebrews 13:8

NIV: Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

Meaning: We live in an ever-changing society and are surrounded by people's  changing thoughts, opinions, views and such. But doesn't it reassure you to know that our God never changes? His amazing love for you, his "view" of you never change! No matter how many times we mess up, he still forgives us with open arms. He loves you just as much as he did yesterday and will love you for eternity {Taylor did a great post yesterday about love so go check it out!} This is a promise that reminds me what a great God we serve, that he will be the same gracious forgiving sovereign God forever and ever! There is a song based off this verse by Vicky Beeching that I want to share with you :)

Everlasting God

The years go by but your unchanging

In this fragile world,

you are the only firm foundation.

Always loving always true,

Always merciful and good, so good!

I love this song... I find there are so many great songs out there that perfectly fit with God's word and this is a great one! one lyric part in particular, "you are the only firm foundation" I love. If you think about it, how are you suppose to plant you roots on something that is constantly moving. You don't plant a tree on the beach near the water cause the sand is constantly moving around, just like we shouldn't lay out foundation on the foundations! things of the world, instead let our unchanging, faithful God be your foundation!

Take Action: Once again, a great verse to memorize and to have it hour back of your head. It is a great encouraging verse but also a reminder to focus on where you are putting your trust and also, realizing what and amazing God we serve!

Our God is an awesome God!:) Have a lovely night

-Katie