Philippians 4:8

Philippians 4:8

NIV: Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.

Meaning: There are a lot of things in this world that aren't really any of the above: instead they are rude, inappropriate or just plain wrong. We as Christians need to guard our hearts and minds from 'evil' things an instead focus on the things above:) Not only should we keep ourselves from watching or hearing things against this list, be we should strive to live by this in the way we dress (see yesterday's post for more info:) talk and act around other people... People should wonder what is different about us and that is that we have Jesus in our hearts!! It's way enough to go along with the flow and do what everyone else does, but remember to stand strong in your faith and do whatever is true, honourable and just:)

Take action: This is definitely a great wallpaper verse for our phone and a great one to keep in mind... Let this verse be a reminder to you when you want to do something you know isn't right... Remember what Philippians 4:8 says:)

So I'm heading off to a retreat thing with my youth at church tomorrow and I'm pretty excited! I would really appreciate it if u guys could pray for a safe drive (it's 4hrs long) and a great weekend:) Thank u all and as always be sure to comment with any prayer requests, topic ideas, etc.

GOD BLESS:)

-K.