Galatians 5:22-23

Galatians 5:22-23

NIV: But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

NCV: But the Spirit produces the fruit of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. There is no law that says these things are wrong.

Meaning: "God wants spiritual fruit, not religious nuts!" I read this quote today and it totally made me think if this verse! This quote isn't only cleaver with the whole fruit nut thing, :) but it has a great meaning and perfectly fits with today's verse! We can know the bible inside out or do good deeds all the time, both which our great, but that is not what God is looking for! He wants us bear spiritual fruit, love, patience, self control ect. and use those attributes to spread his love and bring glory to him! But none of us are perfect, so there is no way we are able to be perfectly patience in all situations or show self control at all times. As Christians, we are to imitate Christ and strive to be like him and because he was perfect and contained all these attributes, our goal should be to show the fruit of the spirit to everyone around us!

Take Action: My devotion for the day challenged me with this question: "What kind of 'fruits' do people see when they look at you?" This is a great question and one we should reflect on. Are you showing love to people around you or being patient with your siblings? Ask Him to help you grow great spiritual fruit and use it to shine a light for him!

Our God is an awesome God!! Have a great evening everyone :)

-Katie