Ch. 13 - Meeting for Peace

Kiera POV

The three omega women forced me into a bath and then scrubbed every inch of my body. I felt completely numb inside. I wanted to fight them all, yell at them, scream how wrong this was, but I sat in the water, silent. I couldn't understand what was happening to me. How was any of this possible?

The women looked at me like some dirty whore and it made me feel like even less of a person. They spoke about me being foolish and selfish to harm our Alpha in such a way. I was a lowly creature in their eyes for daring to defy our Alpha. They didn't know him though. They didn't see how he wronged me my whole life and ripped my heart out. I couldn't believe Jackson actually did this to me.

As they towel dried my body I was gettin more and more enraged. I hated everything more than I could explain. My insides felt off and I could just combust at any moment. I wanted to scream out all the pain in my soul, but I remained quiet in fear.

I knew it was pointless to fight them or Jackson. I could feel how weak and fragile my body was becoming from the silver bracelet on my wrist. It wasn't a normal bracelet that I could rip off either. It was locked on me that only a key could open. A key I knew my husband would guard with his life. Four sharp spikes dug into my skin so the silver could penetrate my blood and keep me too weak to call my wolf. I felt absolutely pathetic.

My body swayed as nausea overcame me. I was being poisoned and it was my husband that bound me to this punishment. Tears threatened my eyes, but I was so damn tired of crying.

"You need food, Second Luna." One of the omegas commented.

They didn't try to help or even show any concern. The didn't even have the decency to call me by my name. They used my new title to show me I was no longer their leader or in control.

"I need something more than food." I gritted my teeth and stood tall again. I needed to escape this alternate reality I somehow found myself in. I needed my freedom.

One of the omega grabbed a pale purple dress to put on me. "If you disrespect our Alpha again, he will lock you away. The entire pack knows how you let an outsider defile your body last night. Our Alpha was in a rage at your betrayal and nearly killed himself. Thankfully, our Luna was there to comfort him. Beta Devon already prepared a cell for you too. Just a word of warning." The omega spoke monotone, but I knew she did actually fear for my life. I couldn't help but smile inside that I hurt Jackson so severely.

Could he really lock me away forever though? I knew he was capable of so much evil now, but it was still hard to believe the man I loved, married, and wanted to spend my life with could do any of this.

The omegas looked at me like I was a slave, no, worse than that. They looked to me like I was a traitor. I knew these women and I was even the one that hired them for this position. I didn't understand how they could so easily turn on me. Jackson was the one that wronged me. He deserved every pain he felt last night.

"I'll try. I don't know how to live this way." My hand closed around the silver bracelet, burning my skin and making me hiss in pain. I was trapped and I had no idea how to get myself out of this situation.

"It's not easy, but it's better than being locked away until our Alpha dies." One of the omegas stepped closer to me, pulling my body towards her and whispered. "You have a better chance to escape while here in the packhouse. The cells are impenetrable to ever hope to see the light of day again." The omega stepped back like nothing happened and finished braiding my hair.

I glanced at her through the mirror, confused by her attitude. She seemed like she had no emotions, but she just spoke against our Alpha and gave me a small slice of comfort that someone cared.