(GN) Ch. 163 - Welcome

Drake POV

Watching my mate scream in pain, her body slick with sweat and her feet propped up in stirrups, was agonizing. The air in the delivery room crackled with tension as River stormed in and out, his wolf barely contained. He wanted to tear apart every doctor and nurse who approached Kiera, but he knew they weren't the ones hurting her.

"You're doing so good, Cherie. Deep breaths, baby," Chase soothed from her side, his voice a calm anchor. I held her hand, struggling to contain my own wolf, but I knew I wasn't offering her much comfort. Six hours of labor, six hours of relentless pain, and her anguish was evident.

"Shut up! Just shut up! You asshole! You're such horrible assholes for doing this to me!" Kiera screamed, her voice raw with agony. Her emotions swung wildly from uncontrollable sobbing to spikes of murderous rage, making the room feel like a storm on the brink of breaking.

The sweat on her forehead glistened under the harsh lights, and her eyes blazed with both fury and desperation. Each contraction seemed to rip through her with a force that left her gasping for breath. Chase and I exchanged worried glances, our hearts aching for her, but all we could do was offer words of encouragement and hold her hands as she fought through the pain.

River, pacing like a caged animal, would occasionally stop and run a hand through his hair, his frustration and helplessness evident. The bond we shared with Kiera made her pain our own, a visceral connection that heightened our anxiety and deepened our resolve to see her through this.

"You're almost there, love," I murmured, squeezing her hand gently. "Just a little more."

Kiera's grip tightened on my hand, her nails digging into my skin as another wave of pain hit. "I hate you," she panted, her eyes fierce and wild. "I hate all of you right now."

"We're sorry, doll," I spoke softly, genuinely sorry for her pain.

"I'm not your fucking doll," she spat at me. I decided to remain silent again, unsure how to handle her but knowing she needed us by her side.

"Our Luna is bleeding. We have to operate," the doctor began shouting orders to the nurses around him.

"Operate? What's wrong?" I stood, feeling Kiera's hand tighten in my grasp.

"It's ok. Lots of women have C-sections. We need to move quickly," Dr. Hazel reassured me.

"Ok, just help her, help our son." I looked at Kiera, seeing the range of fear in her eyes. Pregnancy and birth for a werewolf rarely had complications, but we all knew this was a special circumstance.

"Hurt her and I'll gut you for an eternity," I threatened, and the doctor swallowed hard in fear.

"She is in good hands. I promise," he said, moving to place a mask over her mouth. "Take deep breaths, Luna. When you wake, your son will be in your arms," he said softly.

Chase and I kissed her cheek, then moved to the side to let them work. River was growling nonstop at the door. He didn't like any of this.

"She will be fine, brother," I said, trying to believe it myself.

We watched them work, a silver knife cutting into our mate's belly, blood pooling all over, and Kiera looking almost dead before us. She couldn't die though.

Minutes turned into what felt like years as they worked to open her up, reaching for our son and pulling him out. Then, finally, his cries filled the room, and we all took a long breath we had been holding.

"He's ok!" I actually cried, stepping to the doctor and taking my son in my arms.

River moved next to me, his fingers gently caressing his tiny forehead. "Hey boy, welcome to the world," he whispered, his own tears spilling down his cheeks.

"Who would like to do the honors?" A nurse held out a pair of scissors.

"Chase, you should be the one to cut the last ties to bring our son into this world," River said, and I nodded in agreement. Chase grabbed the scissors with a shaky hand, then cut the umbilical cord.

"Hi buddy, welcome home," Chase said with tears as a nurse tied off the little piece hanging from his belly. In hindsight, it was all kind of gross, but here, in the moment our son was born, everything felt magical.

"I want to clean him. Is that ok?" River asked, holding his hands out.

"Yeah, that's perfect, brother." I gently laid Sebastian in his arms. "Meet your father, my son."

We had all picked names for him to call us. River would be Father, I was Dad, and of course, Chase picked the French version: Papa.

"Will she wake soon?" I asked, my eyes fixed on Kiera's still form, her face pale against the hospital pillow.

"Almost done stitching her up. The silver does a lot of damage, but it was the only way to get to your son," Dr. Hazel said, his voice steady and reassuring. "By the time our future Alpha is bathed, his mother will be ready to meet him." His smile was filled with pride, reflecting the anticipation of our whole pack. They believed our son would bring us peace, and while the weight of their expectations worried me, I also believed in him wholeheartedly.

"Here is our little guy, all fresh and clean," River said, bringing Sebastian over to Chase for his turn to hold him.

"Hey buddy, it's your papa. The one you like to kick so much." Chase chuckled softly, rocking him gently in his arms. "You ready to meet your mama? She did so good today. She kept you safe all these months." Chase cooed as he moved beside Kiera. Her eyes fluttered, and for a moment, my heart stopped, waiting to see if she was okay.

"Hey," she finally whispered, pain evident in her voice but pride shining in her eyes. "My baby boy." She smiled, her entire face lighting up despite the exhaustion.

"Your baby boy, mama." Chase placed Sebastian in her arms, and instantly she began to cry. "You did amazing, Kiera. We are so proud of you." Chase kissed her cheek, and she giggled in pure joy.

"He is here! Our son is really here," she said, her voice filled with disbelief and wonder. The road had been anything but easy, fraught with dangers that could have made this day impossible, but we did it. She did it.

"Yeah, he is, and he is just as perfect as his mother," River said, looking at them with all the love he had, then kissed her other cheek.

"I don't know how you created something so beautiful, but I'm grateful you gave us our son," I leaned down, kissing her as well. "I'm proud of you, doll."

"Thank you. We did this, not just me. We fought for our family, and now we have it. Nothing will ever take him from us," she said, her gaze shifting from each of us to our son.

"Your father is waiting outside. Do you want me to bring him in?" I asked.

"Of course." She looked down at Sebastian. "Want to meet your grandpa? He can't wait."

I walked out the door, my heart feeling fuller than it ever had. Kiera and our son were all I ever needed, all I ever wanted, even if I didn't realize it before. Now, I knew. My life was perfect, and I wouldn't trade it for anything.