Ch. 72 - Intense

Chase POV

"That was intense, Cherie." My voice came out like butter, sizzling over her skin and melting her into me.

Kiera growled viscously, her eyes already black, and body tensed into a ball, wanting to fight.

"I told you and your brothers to leave me alone!"

"And I told you..." I stepped closer, my thumb wiping the sweat from her cheek then humming over the taste of her on my tongue. "That is impossible." I smiled, my tongue circling my lips to grab every drop of her taste.

"What is wrong with you?" Her eyes squinted at me in disgust, but that little bud between her legs told another story. She was desperate for me to lick every inch of her delicate skin.

"I think you know my problem, little fire pixie. You've cast quite a devious spell over my brothers and I." My hand grabbed her waist, yanking her body flush to mine. Her breathed hitched and eyes widened. "I'm tired of waiting to have you again."

"I don't want you, or your brothers." Her voice was strong, but her arousal was growing.

My head leaned to her left side, her neck that was bare of any mark. "That is a lie, pixie. Stop resisting and let me show you how well we can care for you."

"Chase! I have a meeting in one hour. I need to shower and eat. I don't have time to play in the sheets. Have you three completely forgotten about the war? The war you started, or the dark forest wanting me to give them a child of the dark? People are suffering, our lives are a mess and you want to go fuck?"

Goddess, I loved that mouth. "I want to do so much more than fuck you, little pixie. You have one hour, and I promise you'll be showered and fed by then." I smiled down at her, my eyes lowering to her sweaty cleavage that pressed into my chest every time she took a breath.

"Chase, I can't do this." She looked up to me, fear taking over her body that she would cave to me.

"Yes you can, Kiera. You just need to trust me. One hour and then I will hand deliver you to your meeting." I looked down to her, my playfulness fading away.

"What do you want from me?" She asked with an air of tiredness.

"You, just you, Kiera." I stepped back, my hand sliding down her waist and taking her hand in mine. "Come with me." I whispered, pulling her along.

"One hour!" She demanded, and the burst of energy exploded inside me.

"That's better, baby. Now that you are calm, I have something disturbing to tell you."

"Disturbing?" She said, letting her curiosity get the best of her. She walked by my side, hand in hand, and I don't think she realized where I was headed.

"Yes. I won't ever lie to you, I promise that. I can't tell you everything, but there's something you need to know, sooner than later."

"Ok, what is it?"

"We found an old story about a goddess that once walked our earth. It reads like she might be the same goddess that we now know as our mother Selene. It also says... she was betrayed and created the darkness." I wasn't sure how to tell this story without sounding like a lunatic.

"You think Selene was a physical being, one that lived like you and I?"

"Maybe." I shrugged my shoulders. That did seem impossible. We always learned our goddess was like a spirit, something beyond our comprehension with power we would never know existed.

"It seems impossible, but anything could've existed tens of thousands of years ago. What does it say about the darkness?" She looked to me and I couldn't help but love her even more. She was perfect in every way.