(GN) Ch. 131 - Payback

Kiera POV

"You look freezing," Elizabeth commented as she entered my room. I had taken a long cold shower after I gave up trying to pleasure myself. The stupid boys were right; I couldn't be satisfied by anyone but them.

"It's hot in the South. I needed to cool down before tonight." I said weakly.

"I bet." Elizabeth chuckled. "Three Alpha mates won't be easy to stay... cool around." She mocked me.

"Shut up!" I playfully shoved her shoulder, then moved to my closet to change. I was kind of cold.

"It's natural, Kiera. Enjoy it." She wagged her eyebrows at me, and I laughed.

"I do enjoy it. I just never felt this way before. Sometimes I don't know who I am when we are... you know."

"Fucking." She smirked at me. "I never had three men at once. I'm jealous." She pouted.

I laughed at her, finding this conversation odd. "Maybe you'll find a second chance mate, one of each type."

"Oooo, that would be perfect. I wouldn't mind having both options at my beck and call."

I shook my head at her unusual desires, but who was I to judge? I needed three Alphas to calm my horny wolf. Love and fate were strange.

"You know, you will find a mate, Elizabeth." I looked at her, feeling guilty. A part of me still didn't like her, and I tried my hardest to hide that, but mostly, I felt terrible for taking so much from her. Although River isn't Jackson, I still knew what she felt. I remember that feeling of despair that my husband would choose me for his fate. It was like my heart was being ripped from my chest, making something as simple as breathing hard to do. Elizabeth didn't deserve that.

"I know that look, Kiera. You didn't take anything from me."

"But I did. They are your family."

"And they always will be. I know it won't be easy, and I'm not expecting to be by your side, but I know if I need you or the brothers, you will be there for me."

"Of course we will. And you're always welcome by my side."

She chuckled lightly. "I see Athena behind your words, and she doesn't agree. It's ok, too. She wants her mate and without a reminder of their past relationship. We are possessive in nature."

"I don't want to be." I huffed. I hated that I felt this way.

"I know. You're a good person and an amazing Luna. I trust you. Here, let me help you." She grabbed a brush and hairdryer.

"You don't have to do that."

"I'm honored to, Luna." She genuinely smiled at me, and I let her finish drying my hair. We talked for what seemed like hours as she braided it all back and tucked it under.

"I love it," I said as my fingers patted the braided bun.

"You look gorgeous." She complimented me. I wished I didn't have this jealousy for her. I liked Elizabeth, and I honestly didn't want her to leave our pack because of me. It wasn't right.

A loud bang came out my door, followed by an authoritative voice. "Time is up, princess. You need to eat." River ordered, and I sighed annoyingly. He was going to be a handful to keep in line.

"Want me to handle him?" She smirked at me.

"Yes! I need to learn how to put them in their place."

Elizabeth walked to the door and yanked it open. River widened his eyes in surprise, and I laughed at how scared he looked.