(GN) Ch. 91 - Know Me

Kiera POV

Looking over the painting, I was filled with this odd sensation of love. This woman's face seemed so familiar, so comforting. When River said she was his sister, disgust rumbled in my chest. I can't be their niece and have done all the things we have together. That would be beyond wrong.

Then, the story the old woman Martha told me came to mind. A fierce woman with purple eyes raided the auction houses, killed the men responsible for selling women for power, and then freed those in chains.

Martha said when she met her, a small child clutched to her leg. A brief image of me being that child crossed my mind. I wasn't sure if it was real, though. I had thought, hoped that woman was my mother, but if it were Anastasia, then I prayed not.

Martha also said she was presumed dead. River seemed confident she had died, and her daughters sacrificed. I needed more information, but I would rather talk to Chase about it. River was being odd with me, possibly nice, but I didn't trust him.

"You know something about my sister." He growled, his footsteps heavy behind me.

"No, not really. I told you, she seems familiar, but I can't place why." I said casually as I continued to walk towards the kitchen.

"Don't lie to me!" River grabbed my arm, spinning me to face him, then slammed my back to the wall.

"You asshole!"

"Tell me what you know about my sister. Did you meet her? Know of her?" He insisted, an untamed fire growing wildly inside him.

"You're hurting me," I growled at him, but Athena wasn't gearing up for a fight. Something changed with her now that she met Chaos.

"I'm going to hurt you if you keep lying to me." His face moved into mine.

"I don't know your sister." I squinted my eyes at him and growled in displeasure. Then he flung me over his shoulder, delivering a sharp smack to my ass.

"River! You put me down this minute!" I demanded, kicking my feet.

"Not until you learn how to talk to your Alpha, princess." He chuckled, then gave me another spanking.

"Ow! I'm not a child, you arrogant beast." I whined as my hand caressed the sting on my ass. He didn't hold back with his slapping. His palm whacked loudly on my butt and vibrated in the hall.

"If you're going to act like a child, then you'll be treated like one." He snarled with amusement.

River was enjoying this! He liked this, thought of it like a game... and he says Chase is the immature one.

"And how does the big bad Alpha treat children that misbehave?" I asked half angry, half teasing.

"Not children, damn spoiled princesses." He walked through a door and closed it behind him. I could smell Chase's scent heavy in this room and assumed it was his.

"Spoiled princesses that don't know how to behave are punished." He said, setting me down to my feet. "Now, will you take your punishment like a good girl, or do I need to force you to submit?" He asked with lips to my ear and hard body to my back.

I gasped when I saw the large bed before me. River meant submit in bed! I looked back at him, and I saw the amusement and lust dancing in his eyes. His gaze was fixated on my breast, and his hands twitching at his side to feel me.

"I'll take my punishment like a good girl," I said lowly, unsure why I was giving in. Maybe I like this, too, the push and pull for control between us. We knew it was pointless; in the end, we would both submit, but damn, did it feel good in between.