Ch. 73 - Push Away

Drake POV

I spent too long pining over a woman that I can't have. The tale of Lupa and Dietus might be fictional, but it hit home too hard too ignore. We needed to drive her away, and for good.

I sat at the table of my cottage, locking away my emotions, but the second she walked in my door everything I sealed away simply flooded out of me. My fingers itched to touch her, my body needed to be inside hers, and that damn neck of hers should bare my mark, not some assholes.

I sat quietly eating, trying to build my wall up again. Then anger just consumed me. My wolf was pissed at me and in turn I aimed it at Kiera.

"You should have realized by now that Chase is an idiot." I shouted at her.

"Actually, he seems like the only real Alpha of the North." She said those words and a fire ignited inside me. I was the Alpha and the oldest of my brothers.

"Only real Alpha?" I laughed at her, almost to the point I was crying. That was the most pathetic way anyone could try and insult me. Everyone knew Chase was just a man child, playing games and not caring of the consequences.

"Chase is kind and funny, but also strong and confident. He cares for his people, a hell of a lot better than you ever did! Chase..." her words were like a sharp knife slowly etching its way into my skin.

My hand shot out, finger wrapping around that delicate neck of hers, stopping her from speaking another word. I could crush her right her and right now.

"Let her go!" Chase growled at me, his fingers digging into my wrist, but I didn't budge.

"She will be the end of us, all of us, you fool!" Something dark was inside me, speaking through me and urging me to squeeze tighter.

'Release her!' Athena's voice vibrated around us, Kiera's hand laying flat on my chest. 'So powerful my boys are!' Athena's voice was in our heads again, Kiera's other hand going to Chase's chest.

My hand lowered from her neck, my body becoming jelly at her touch. Somehow she was draining us again. "The darkness inside you is what doesn't belong. This world is mine." Kiera's purple eyes brightened, glowed with a white light around it.

"Please, stop." Chase beg beside me.

"Stop! Never!" Her head fell back, moans came pouring out of her lips and I saw that same high come over her. "This feels amazing." She whispered with a smiled, pulling more and more strength from us.

I closed my eyes, and gave up, surrendering completely to her. I can't fight her, and I won't kill her. Maybe it was best if we all died at her touch.

"You're a damn menace!" River's voice suddenly growled out. "You need to be chained down and given pleasure the proper way, Princess."

My eyes popped open, and River held Kiera in his arms, her hands behind her back and cuffs keeping them held together.

"River, what are you doing?" I asked, completely lost for air or how he got he so fast. He was running in the woods only minutes ago.

"You two idiots think she needs to be forced away, or manipulated by our side. She just needs to be told how to behave." His hand grabbed her chin, and Kiera's bright purple eyes opened to him. "Isn't that right, temptress? You are frustrated and needy. You want an Alpha to overpower you, teach you how to be pleasured properly."

"River, my body... it feels, mmm, perfect." She moaned to him, unknowingly calling us all to her. Whatever high she felt from taking our power fueled her in a whole other way. Arousal filled the air around us and everything outside this room no longer existed.