(GN) Ch. 136 - Mine Again

Kiera POV

I stood surrounded by hundreds of soldiers, crying profusely as my eyes darted around me. In a matter of seconds, almost fifty of my pack members were dead. I felt their souls fade from this world, heard their screams of agony, and felt their pain.

The second my sister appeared, blind rage filled me. I pushed at the soldiers trying to protect me, demanding them to let me have a piece of her. Then everything disappeared.

I stood in the same room, but it was faded in color, and there was not a soul near me. I slowly spun, looking for any clue as to where I was.

"You stupid woman." I heard Katherine's voice and growled viscously at her, but her body wasn't present. Then, my worst fear happened: a silver bracelet enclosed on my wrist. Tears pooled in my eyes as I stared at my wrist in disbelief.

"No! Please, no!" I shouted. I instantly felt weak, helpless, and exhausted.

"You owe your Alpha an apology, and you better not make any trouble, Kiera. I'm losing my patience." Katherine appeared before my eyes, grabbing my wrist and pulling me out of the room.

"What are you doing?" I asked her.

"What I have to. Jackson is a fool, completely and utterly obsessed with you. He will only protect me and my son if I deliver him to you." She spoke angrily, never looking back at me as she dragged me along.

"You're bringing me to Jackson?" The words left my mouth in confusion. Why would he care to see me? I rejected him, and he found his fated.

I called out to Athena, feeling her fade inside me. 'We need to reserve our strength.' Her voice spoke out through a cloud.

'We need to kill her.' I growled back to Athena.

'Soon. Give me a moment to gather our strength.' Athena responded weakly, making me whine in despair. We were already becoming powerless.

"You are the most overrated wolf I ever met. It's pathetic." Katherine was going on and on, not hiding an ounce of her hate for me. "You stole everything that was mine, and now I have to deliver you to my Alpha. It's fucking bullshit."

I reached into my jacket, grabbing a short dagger made of pure silver. I wasn't sure where I was, but I knew it was some other dimension of our world. It was like I walked in the Shadows. I hoped killing my sister would be enough to break the spell. My hand lifted, and I pulled on Athena, forcing her to rise inside me, giving me the strength to pierce right through Katherine's back and stab her heart.

The second the blade entered her skin, Katherine hollered in pain, spinning to me with a growl. She had her own knife in hand, and before I could react, it plunged deep into my chest.

I gasped as blood spit from my mouth, and my knees fell to the floor. The world around me flooded with color, and thousands of people stood before me, but these weren't my people.

"What have you done!" A strong male's voice came barreling out. I closed my eyes in fear. I knew that voice, and it was one I never want to hear again.

"She fucking stabbed me!" Katherine spat out as Alpha Marcus came to her, pulling the knife from her back.

"She is your Luna!" Jackson appeared from the crowd, walking straight to Katherine and smacking her hard across the face.

Marcus moved her behind his body, staring at Jackson with pure hate. "She is my mate and carrying my child. Don't ever strike her again." He demanded.

"You are both weak and useless. You are nothing without me or my pack. Get your mate under control before I permanently remove her." Jackson warned him. They both stood a few inches apart, growling at the other until Marcus finally stepped back, submitting and walking away.

Jackson spun to me, kneeling beside me. "Sweetheart, you're bleeding," I swear I saw genuine worry in the way he looked at me. I looked into his eyes and saw how sickly he had become. The deep chocolate iris was almost hazel now, the white tinged with yellow. His body wasn't half as strong as he used to be. For a moment, I wasn't sure if this was the same man I once called my husband.

"What is happening?" I whispered, my mind spinning in fear.

"You're safe, sweetheart. I got you, and you'll be healed before sundown. No one will ever touch you again." His fingers brushed the hair from his face, his eyes holding such love for me. I shook my head, looking down at the knife planted deep into my chest. Blood poured down my belly, and I began crying before I let out an earth-shattering scream. Then everything went pitch black.

I didn't dream or think; I just floated in an abyss of nothing. My body felt sharp pain radiating all through me, and then even that faded. I wondered if I had died. If this was what became of us once we took our last breath, but I was foolish to think my torment would end so quickly.

"I want that thing removed from her immediately!" I heard Jackson shout in a rage.

"It belongs to the darkness. You asked me to look over her, and I have. Kiera must be protected, or Dietus will come for us all." An unknown man responded with a stern voice.

I slowly opened my eyes, finding everything around me blurry. I moaned in frustration that somehow I was still in the grasp of Jackson.

"She is waking," Jackson said as he hurried to my side, then snapped a cold metal around my wrist.

"That will weaken her too much. She can't be suppressed for long." The unknown man said, adding a foreboding growl at the end of his words.

"You don't know her wolf. Athena will tear through us all if we allow her to remain at full strength." Jackson retorted with the same level of anger. Then I felt his hand over my face, fingers softly tracing my jaw and cheek.

"Why are you doing this?" I cried.

"I saved you, sweetheart. Nothing will take you from me ever again." He leaned down, placing a soft kiss on my lips. I cringed, turning my head to the side.

"I left you, rejected you. I don't want you, Jackson! Why can't you just leave me alone?"

"Because you are my wife, my mate, and my whole life. I missed you, Kiera. I missed you at my side and in my bed. We will get past this, and you'll see how perfect we are together." He spoke with so much certainty that it made me shed more tears.

I shook my head, squeezing my eyes together. "I don't want you. I'm not your mate." I said, my eyes looking directly in his to show my certainty.

"You will always be mine!" He demanded, a ting of black clouding his eyes before he began screaming as his hands clawed at his neck.

"What the hell?" I sat up frantically. His neck had large black veins protruding from his skin.

"You did this to me, and you will undo it!" Jackson demanded.

"How?" I asked, eyes wide in disbelief at what I was witnessing.

"Your rejection forced my wolf to abandon me. You will accept me, Kiera! You will always be mine!" He growled, and another wave of pain made him shout out. The black veins splintered from where my mark once laid on his shoulder, pulsating in pure anger.

"I would rather die!" I spat out to him, but he only laughed at me.

"Even if it kills that disgusting abomination growing instead of you." He sneered at me. My eyes squinted, unsure what he meant.

"No!" I shouted, my body trembling at the thought that it could be true. How did this happen?