(GN) Ch 92 - Zeus

River POV

Everything felt perfect between us; she knew what I needed and gave it perfectly. Then I lost control, something deep inside me taking control and demanding we have our mate. I thought it was Chaos, but I felt him before with Athena, and he wouldn't force his mark on her.

Her hands came to my cheeks, warmth enveloping me as I felt the heavy weight on my chest drain. It felt peaceful being under her spell.

When her hands lowered, I realized she was taking my power, just like she did to my brothers before. I now understood why they submitted to her. There was no fighting the light inside her beautiful soul. Her touch was true peace, an ascension to the goddess and heaven awaiting us after death. I wanted to go there, to finally feel free.

"What was that, River? That wasn't you or your wolf. Something else was taking over."

"It's the darkness, Zeus."

"Zeus?" Her eyebrows raised in curiosity.

"My brothers and I can combine our wolves to unleash a giant beast that nothing can kill, nothing but you," I spoke monotone, pieces connecting inside my head too fast to comprehend.

"A second wolf? I never heard of something so crazy."

"There is no record of anyone else speaking of this to be possible. We know nothing except he gives us the power we have." I was suddenly spilling my soul to her, and I couldn't stop. She stood so close, her body warm and inviting. I wanted to hold her and tell her I would never hurt like that, but I almost did.

"And before, us together, was that?"

"That was me." I bit my lip, feeling this odd embarrassment. I never felt ashamed of my sexual preferences before. "I always liked it a bit dirty."

"A bit." She smiled wide at me. "I didn't know sex could be so..."

"Degrading."

"Yeah, but good."

"You liked how rough I was?" I looked uneasy at her. I wanted her to say yes; I needed her to say yes. She still had my back against a wall, her eyes peering into me like she owned me, and I liked it.

"I think so." Now, she bit the corner of her lip in embarrassment.

"Don't be shy, princess. I always knew you were a dirty slut." I whispered as my lips sat over hers.

"I am not." She giggled, and goddess, I can't explain how it made me smile. She made me feel like I was finally the person I wanted to be.

"Just a little." I kissed her lips, "and you love it." I teased, stealing another kiss.

"River, I'm confused." She confessed, stepping away from me.

"I know, and I swear we will explain more tonight," I said.

"I mean about Elizabeth." She said, taking a seat on the bed, far away from me.

Her name made my heart beat painfully. I knew that I would choose Kiera over Elizabeth, but I didn't want to choose.

"She was my girlfriend, kind of still is, but not really."

"What does that mean?"

I thought for a second about how I could explain this without confessing the truth about our bond. I just needed a few more hours so we could tell her together.

"I've known Lizzy since we were kids." I started to say.

"I know this part. She was actually friends with Drake, and her friend Jasmine was his first love. What are you two now, and what are you doing with me?"