Ch. 15 - No Hope

Kiera POV

"She is not a Luna!" River spoke with such hate, meeting my eyes and pouring anger into me.

As the second man walked further into the room their strength double to a suffocating power. I tried not to show fear, but at this point, I was questioning my sanity. I had to be losing my mind, maybe I wasn't here at all, but lock away and heavily drugged.

"She smells divine, big brother."

"She is his wife and clueless, Chase." River said to his brother and I scrunched my eyebrows at him again. What the hell did that mean?

"So much fun!" Chase walked to my chair with a bounced to his step, examining my body while his tongue wet his thin red lips.

I didn't like the intense stare he was giving me. I didn't like that there was two of them and somehow their power increased two folds in strength just by being close to one another.

These were the monsters of the North that started a brutal war. They killed and tortured so many, and they were here in my home, standing right in front of me. They held too much power. I feared that this silver bracelet placed on my wrist might be the least of my problems today.

"Stop checking me out." I scolded Chase. If they came one day earlier my strength wouldn't be suppressed like this and I could properly tell them off. Right now, I was powerless, and in more ways than I knew.

River and Chase became caught in a mind link with one another. Their eyes glazed over and anger grew inside River. He was trying to control his brother, and it didn't seem to be working.

I glanced at Jackson, who was watching me the whole time. He seemed both pissed and scared. It was obvious the twin Alphas not only wanted our pack, but me for themselves, and they weren't here to play nice. Jackson was a powerful Alpha, who could probably even hold his own to one of them. Being in the same room with them both proved us to be utterly powerless though.

Jackson's fated mate, Amy, and our Beta Devon remained silent. Neither of them made eye contact with the Alphas of the Dark Wolves. It was clear they feared these men, but we can't bow to them. Amy's hand tightly held Jackson's under the table. I clenched my jaw how his thumb drew circles over her hand for comfort. This entire meeting was bullshit and I had enough.

"We reject your terms. Do you want to have a real conversation now?" I folded my arms over my chest and stared down River. We couldn't show them we were afraid of their strength.

"You no longer have the right to speak for this pack, Kiera." Jackson scolded me. I turned to him, about to yell at him in our mind link that we can't bow to them. If we showed them weakness or fear then it was already over.

I looked to Devon, my supposed best friend and Beta. He sat quietly observing everyone. He shook his head slightly no to me. He knew I had no right to speak either.

My jaw clenched, but the anger I felt completely disappeared as I looked back into those soft brown eyes of my husband. I had to remember that Jackson wasn't who I thought he was. I was no longer the Luna and I had no right to speak at this meeting either. I wasn't Jackson's equal or even the leader of our army anymore.

"She is your prisoner?" Chase took my wrist to examine my bracelet, then he let out a low but lethal growl.

"A willing prisoner and my wife." Jackson pointed to his mark on my neck. Both River and Chase growled this time.

Jackson was right though, I was his and I willingly gave myself to him. I didn't know he would betray me like this. I didn't think the people I spent my life training to be stronger would turn their backs on me either. My lips suddenly seemed to be glued shut as my body sunk lower in the weakness I felt inside me.

"My brother doesn't want to play, but I have so many ways to use you, Cherie." Chase gave me a sly smirk, kissing my hand then moved to sit on the side of his brother.

Jackson was about to shift from how blatantly Chase disrespected him. I was Jackson's wife, but Chase made a clear claim that he wanted me as his own. I shook my head at how easily became an object for Alpha's to fight over and nothing more.

"Where is Drake?" River asked.

"He apologizes for his absence, but he is a bit under the weather to join us today." Chase cheerfully answered, seemingly unaware how River looked at him like he was about to kill him.

"That bastard doesn't get sick!" River slammed his fist to the table, then rose from his seat. The entire room shrunk to his overwhelming aura of rage. He was not a man to piss off, and he was beyond pissed right now.

River pointed to Jackson, his voice deadly as he spoke. "Tonight you are celebrating the harvest moon and peace among of country. You have until midnight to denounce yourself as Alphas or you can celebrate the beginning of a long war."

River stormed out of the room without another word. Chase smiled at his brother, slowly rising from his chair, like he had all the time in the world. "I hope to see you tonight. I'd prefer unbound. I like to see my woman in my own chains." He winked at me and I scoffed right back at him.

Jackson growled at Chase, rising to his feet and leaning over the table. "You dare speak to my wife this way? We will never bow to you!"

"Oh, you will bow and beg for mercy little man, and when you do, we will take your woman as our own." Chase moved swiftly to me with a playful grin on his lips. This man didn't fear anything. "Then you, little wolf, will know what a true punishment is." His eyes examined my body like he wanted to devour me. I scoffed at him again, unable to find words of my own. I tried to seem unaffected by these Alphas, but fear was evident in my eyes.

"I liked to see you try!" I half growled at him. The pain of Athena trying to surface in my defense weakened me even more though.

Chase gave me a devious smirk, like I was playfully challenging him, then he smoothly walked out of the room. Did he know about last night? Did his brother tell him how he used a pathetic Second Luna as a toy for hours on end? If Chase or River thought I would ever willingly give myself to them again they were in for a big surprise. I would happily gut each one of them for daring to threaten my pack.

My eyes landed on Jackson and he was ready to start throwing the furniture around the room. He wanted a war with this Dark Wolves, but we both knew it would be a long battle we may not win.

These Alpha twins had power beyond any we have seen. We didn't stand a chance defeating them. Jackson was an idiot to yell at Chase, but it was understandable, especially when someone disrespected an Alpha. We needed a game plan on how to handle them.

I looked to Devon then Amy, shaking my head at the whole ordeal I found myself in. Would I really help these people who turned me into nothing but a slave? Could I turn my back on them? Just let them die by the hands of the North because they wronged me?

I didn't know what the right answer was. I felt that any choice I made would lead to others dying. I didn't want to be the cause of that, but I didn't know if I could sacrifice my freedom for those that tormented me either.

My eyes landed back to Jackson's. His face was red in anger and I knew he was about to start screaming. I couldn't comfort him, or just sit here discussing our next move while I wore this silver chain suppressing who I was meant to be. I needed Athena and I needed to get away from here. Tonight the Dark Wolves would return for a celebration in our own home, and we needed to rid them from our path once and for all.