(GN) Ch. 152 - Unsettled

Drake POV

Leaving Kiera was one of the hardest things my brother and I ever had to do. We acted strong and pretended it was what was needed, but it was a lie.

Every second we were away from her presence felt like a hole growing deeper and deeper in our souls. It wasn't just her body we needed; it was all of her. We needed her next to us, her eyes looking over our body, her hand touching our skin, and those gorgeous lips feigning to feel ours. I missed her voice, even her bratty or pissed-off tone, and it had only been a day since we parted.

"Alphas, we should rest. Our pack is being drained." Andy dared to speak against our orders, and River immediately turned his wolf on him. It took almost 16 hours to arrive here, and we needed to dig as many crystals from the hard stone as possible. River and I grabbed pick axes and chopped away the second we arrived while the others set up camp. We couldn't waste any time.

"Our Luna is not well. We won't stop, even if it kills all of you." River ordered, then began chopping away at the stone wall again. We were all covered in sit and dirt, sweat beaded off our bodies, draining us of all our fluids.

"Yes, Alpha." Andy sighed, his hand coming to his neck where his mate's mark lay. Becky was his chosen mate, but he still felt the divide from being apart, and he knew ours was much greater.

"Take shifts every thirty minutes to rest and rehydrate," I ordered Andy, and River growled displeasingly at me. "They aren't Alphas or supercharged with dark magic like us. We won't stop!" I tried to reassure him, but nothing would bring River out of his mood.

It took all morning and half the night to chisel out enough gems to encircle the Dark Forest. Half the men and women who came with us passed out at least once from exhaustion, but they kept pushing until they couldn't anymore.

"That is the last of it. Load it up, then clean it up. We leave at first light." River ordered everyone, and we were met with a whine of exhaustion. The first light was only a few hours from now. We needed to shower and eat before the long journey back home, but River paid them no attention. His only goal was to get his mate. I could see in his eyes that he was becoming void of any sense of reason the longer we were away from her. I knew this was the last time we could ever be away from her. Once we were marked I don't think River could survive a few hours separated.

"Shower and meet me out front. We check the cargo and then get a few hour's rest. Kiera needs us." River grunted, both in frustration to see her and the constant itch her heat gave us. Even miles apart, we could feel the desperate need for our mate to be complete with us.

"We will be home soon, brother." I grinned at him, patting his shoulders, and then headed inside. As I showered, I felt Kiera wake again. Her heat was building deep inside her, and I feared Chase might mark her.

"What the fuck is our brother doing?" River yelled at me just as I stepped out of the shower.

"He is fucking our horny little mate, and you know it." I chuckled. I wanted to be there, but I also knew she needed this. A werewolf was built to be at the mercy of their mate. The fact we lasted this long not marking her amazed me, but adding no sex on top of that was unbelievable.

"I've called twenty times. He isn't answering."

"I'm sure they are a little busy, brother." I sat on my chair, closing my eyes and letting my brother's and mate's pleasure course through me.

"I want to see my mate!" He demanded, and I chuckled. I wouldn't be surprised if River left this moment to chase after them.

"Put me on video and call again. I want to see our mate, too." I sighed in relief, just at the thought of watching our mate get fucked until she exploded.

"I'm going to strangle him," River growled as the phone went to voicemail again. He stormed out of my room, cursing and threatening death to our little brother. Then he called again, letting it ring and ring until finally Chase picked up.

River immediately scolded him, but all I wanted was to see her, and man, she didn't disappoint. Kiera was on her knees, hands gripping the tub's edge, panting desperately to have more of her mate. Nothing else mattered in that moment. I wanted to be at her side, my dick buried in her every hole, but watching as my brother filled her, played with her body, pushing her so far over the edge her body trembled in desire was fucking everything.

After Chase stimulated every hole and the four of us found a much-needed relief, we hung up the phone and passed right out. River and I were twisted in frustration, unsure of what was right anymore. We wanted to protect our mate, but we also needed to be inside her every day. Giving Kiera our seed was as vital as breathing at this point. She needed us, and we needed to give her everything, including our mark.

We slept for hours, way longer than River wanted, but I knew the soldiers who came with us appreciated it. We worked them to the bone and they needed to heal some before returning home.

"Something is wrong!" River growled out as he knocked my door right off the hinges. I jumped out of bed, instantly filled with worry.

"Fuck! What happened!" I reached out to Chase, but it was completely blank.

"I don't know. We leave now!" River demanded and headed straight to the car. We both wore nothing but our jogging pants and didn't care to waste even a minute to change.

"Why is our link to everyone at the pack house cut off," I asked, rubbing my temples, trying to force my way through magically.

"I don't know, but if anyone dared to hurt our Luna, they would be tortured every second until the day I die." River's wolf rose inside him, darkness spewing from his every pore as we drove as fast as the car would allow us back home.

"Yes, yes, they will." My hand fisted, and my own wolf rose inside me, fueling River with more strength as we prepared to unleash everything inside us to protect our mate and pack.

Letting the darkness in or for our combined powers to fuel Zeus wasn't wise. We had no control, though. Having Kiera as a mate was uncharted territory for us, and none of us knew how to act rationally when it came to protecting what was ours.