Ch. 60 - Relax

Kiera POV

I left Drake's quarters in a mess of emotions. I don't know why River's words hurt so much, but they did. For a brief moment I felt outside myself, submissive but free. River demanded that I acknowledge that he owned me, and in that moment, I wanted it to be no other way.

After filling me, satisfying every part of my soul, he held me, strong arms wrapped around my body and I felt as if we became one entity instead of two separate bodies.

Athena was in a whirlwind of desire, wanting his wolf to claim her, become a part of us. She had never submitted so completely to another, and I knew it made her afraid. She was quiet inside me, energy full and power restored beyond our limits, but the yearning to be with River left something dark inside us. I never in my life felt such an overwhelming need to bare another's mark, not even Jackson's, and I never want to be tied to man like him.

Something wasn't right between the brothers and I. There was this intense pull between us that made no sense. I would know if I was fated to any of them, and not an inkling of a bound like that was felt inside me. No sparks between our skin, or explosion of our souls being so close to the other.

They were the most powerful Alphas I ever came across though. It was no secret their presences simply demanded obedience from everyone around them. I won't be so foolish to fall under their allure of strength though. I can't let myself be manipulated again just because I needed someone, anyone, at my side. I needed to be enough from now on, or I might find myself in a worse prison than Jackson tried to put me in.

I held the straps of my bag over my shoulders as I quickly walked my way through the cold snow covered grounds. I needed to get away from that packhouse, from those men. The people I passed looked oddly after me, but no one approached.

Once I reached the training grounds I searched the building close by for a housing unit. If the North was like the South then the devoted warriors would be housed together.

"Are you lost?" A man in a grey uniform with a patch displaying three black wolves asked. He was guarding a large iron door that I suspected might be the place I was looking for. Most of my pack member's scent were strong here too.

"Yes, I was sent to stay among the warriors in training from the south. I come from Alpha Drake's service." I lied the best I could with the little information I had.

The guard chuckled at me. "That was a good try, but that isn't how it works here."

I sighed in annoyance, Athena enraged he dared to deny our request. She was too worked up and too pissed. I needed to take her for a run and soon.

"It might not be how your Alphas done their sorting before, but I'm not lying... not completely." My eyes softened to him, trying to have a conversation than another all out war. The events of the day left me exhausted. "Ask your Alpha... Drake, not River." I quickly added. River will probably have this man try to arrest me.

The man's eyes glazed over. "Alpha Drake says to wait for his brother."

"Argh! Which one?" I whined. I didn't want to see any of them, but River I wouldn't mind dropping off the edge of the world to never cross paths with again.

"I don't know, but which ever one it is, he is on his way. Do you mind if I ask who you are?"

"Kiera. I'm from the South and I believe my old pack is in there. I want to be with them."

"Oh, the Luna of the South. We have been warned not to upset you."

"I'm not some murderous demon." I shouted at him, and the man just grew silent. He was afraid he had already upset me.