(GN) Ch. 153 - Darkness

Kiera POV

"I could watch you all my life and nothing else, Cherie," Chase said softly as I stirred awake. My body felt renewed, but my soul still burned to be complete.

"Mark me, please." I pleaded, opening my eyes to my handsome mate. His green eyes look over me with frustration, his hand softly caressing my bare stomach. I wore a short, silky night dress, the fabric smooth over my body.

"Cherie, please don't tempt me any more than you have." I heard the desperation in his tone, and it made Athena whine inside my chest.

"I'm sorry I lost control. For the last few months, I have felt like I no longer know who I am. My body is pushed to you. It hurts being so close yet so far." I spoke honestly, touching his hair to lightly comb through the thick black mess.

"I feel it too, Kiera. We all feel the pull to be complete, but we need to protect our child above all else. He is more important than anything we desire." The way Chase spoke melted my heart instantly. The entire situation we found ourselves in was unfair, but I knew no matter what, all three of my mates would do whatever was necessary to protect our family.

"I love how devoted you are. I'll try not to tempt you so much. My heat is completely gone after the way you took care of me last night." I gave him a mischievous smile.

"I did satisfy my mate just like you needed, didn't I?" His lips went straight to my neck, kissing and nuzzling me affectionately. "Sex never felt so rewarding before. It's not just my pleasure I need; it's yours that I feign for."

"I have never been so worked up. I never thought I would enjoy or desperately need the three of you as I do, but I love it. I love the way you make me feel." My face pushed into his, lifting his head and claiming his lips as completely mine.

"You're being naughty again, Cherie." Chase chuckled as my hand moved down his stomach. "We should dress and check on the pack. River and Drake should be..." Chase paused, his eyes becoming completely void, and I swear I could see the fear and worry take over his face.

"What's wrong?" I sat up, my own concern doubling by the second as I watched Chase's mood shift darkly.

"I can't reach my brothers." Chase spat out as he flipped off the bed and threw on a shirt. "Get dressed quickly. We need to find them!" He ordered coldly. I ran to my dresser and did as he said, not daring to press the issue. I could see my loving Alpha turning deadly, and I knew it was because he felt something off.

"Elizabeth is at the transport. They have all the concrete prepared to mix with the gems, but she can't reach my brothers either." Chase grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the door.

For a moment, jealousy rose inside me that he spoke to her before filling me in. One look into Chase's eyes had me swallowing that jealousy. I had never seen him like this, and honestly, I was becoming a little afraid of what he might do. At that moment, I realized that none of the brothers could survive without the other. They weren't separate souls but one. They needed each other.

"We will find them," I said to offer some reassurance.

"I know, and then, we will rip apart whatever fool thought they could harm any of us," Chase growled, his darkness rising inside him. Athena nearly jumped out of my skin to taste it. I quickly snatched my hand back from his.

"What's wrong?" He shouted at me, eyes black and body stiff. It wasn't Loki in control, but Zeus.

I stood in front of him, silent for a moment, unsure how to handle this beast inside him. Thankfully, my dad came running down the hall.

"Kiera! Magic is binding us in the pack. We need to prepare for war. Any who possesses power needs to try and break the spell." My father began rattling off orders.