(GN) Ch. 100 - Darkness

Katherine POV

My whole life, I've been planning the perfect escape. I was born a lowly Delta in the goddess-forsaken South, but I always knew I would rise to Luna one day. There was only one person that stood in my way, Kiera.

My parents were fools to take her in as a child. She ruined everything for me, and they never cared how she got everything that was meant to be mine. I wished I had the courage to kill her years ago.

Now, none of that mattered. I made a deal with the devil, and I would reap all the glory, finally.

On my way to meet Elizabeth, I witnessed another punch to the gut, though. Not only was my sister a little whore, she was a dumb one. I heard her and Alpha Chase fucking like wild rabbits; then she rejected him. She had the three strongest Alphas that ever walked our lands as her mates, and she chose to reject them.

I didn't understand why the goddess blessed such a stupid woman with so much. It was clearly wasted on her. What a fool my dear sister is. The power she would have had would be unmeasurable, and she throws it away.

I didn't have time to think about her stupidity, though. My destiny was unfolding before my eyes, and I was running out of time to fulfill it.

"Katherine, there you are." Elizabeth ran to catch up to me just outside the barracks.

"I was looking everywhere for you. We need to hurry." I gave her my pleasant smile, that everyone had mistaken for kindness.

"Hurry? Is something wrong?" She looked at me suspiciously.

"Yes! Kiera rejected the Alphas. They will be weakened, and I fear they might be killed."

"No! We have to save them." She turned to run towards the training grounds. We could see Kiera walking her way there now. Alpha River already had all his men waiting for her. I knew my sister, and she was about to reject him, too.

I grabbed her arm. "We can't help that way. We need to bind the magic in the forest. It's the only way."

"Bind the magic?" She looked right at me with all her curiosity.

Love was the easiest emotion to manipulate. I had years of practice using it against my parents and my pathetic Alpha and Beta. Their love for Kiera always blinded them.

"Yes, it's a tricky spell, but we have to try now, or it will come for all three of them," I spoke with urgency, my grip tightening on her arm.

Elizabeth looked to the field; Alpha River and his brother were now fighting with Kiera. As Alpha River's wolf slammed hard into the ground, a howl of pain pierced our ears. That was rejection number two.

"Why is she doing this?" Elizabeth cried as she watched the men she loved become weak to a simple woman.

"I told you, Kiera is not who you think. This was always her plan, to weaken the Alphas and sacrifice them to the forest. We have to hurry before it's too late to save them."

"Let's go!" Elizabeth turned to me with so much hatred. I loved it! I would use all these misguided emotions inside her to finally conquer all that I wish.

We ran through the snow-covered trees until everything around us turned black. I grabbed my bag and pulled out a very rare and potent crystal.

"What is that?" Elizabeth panted as she leaned against a tree.

"It will bind a soul."

"A soul?"

"Everything that lived once had a soul."

Elizabeth stepped to me, her eyes looking around frantically. She was suspicious, and it made this all the more fun.

"That will trap the magic of the forest?" She asked.