Ch. 71 - Ancient Tales

Chase POV

"We are losing her." I said to Drake.

"I know. Her emotions are all over the fucking place. Why doesn't she crumble at our feet like a mate is supposed to?" He spoke full of frustration, and still a little pain from being kneed in the balls.

"I guess she wants us to earn her pussy again. Why are woman so complicated?" I said with a sigh and fell into the couch. Kiera was exhausting.

"She might give into us again, but I don't think she will ever accept us. I've never seen anyone with so much hate in their eyes."

"It isn't hate, big brother. She is just as frustrated as we are, but unlike us, she has no clue why. We need to tell her everything."

"Then she will leave to protect us. I don't want to wake up and not be able to see her. Let her be pissed and filled with hate, at least she is here." Drake sat next to me, the weight of the world on his shoulders.

"That isn't a life she deserves, brother." I gave him a look that he knew what I said was true. We were being selfish with her.

"I don't know what else to do. Demetrius is growing restless inside me. If we can't at least indulge in her body, he is going to take control and just mark her. I can feel him losing his mind to have his mate, and I don't blame him. Athena gets me just as hard as Kiera."

"What? I think that is the most fucked thing you ever said."

"You're an idiot." Drake smacked me upside the head. "I don't want to fuck her wolf, werewolves can't even mate that way."

"Then what the hell is "I get hard from her wolf" supposed to mean?"

"I want every part of her." He grunted, adjusting his pants and closing his eyes. We were going to burst at the seams if we didn't feel her soon.

"Yeah, I wasn't wrong about you being fucked up." I stood to leave.

"Where are going, Chase?" He asked with a tiredness in his voice despite it being only 6:30 in the morning.

"To get some books to read while I spy on my mate. Want to come?" I smiled to him.

"If she sees us she'll be pissed."

"Kiera is always pissed. I find it just as attractive though."

"Fine." He stood and moped his way to his library. My brother, over six feet tall covered in tattoos was in full stalker mood with me. He loved how she drove us crazy just as much as I did.

We sat on top of the housing building of the barracks to silently read. Our eyes often wandering out before us to see the most beautiful creature to ever exist beating men twice her size into the ground. She was so damn fierce and had no idea how powerful she really was.

"Do you think she can kick our ass?" I asked.

"Never!" Drake quickly answered.

"I remember our little pixie running a tree branch into your shoulder." I smiled mischievously at him. Drake hated being looked at as weak.

"That was different. I was caught off guard."

"That is probably how she would do it. Use her sexy body to distract us, then rip our hearts out." I sighed with so much love for this woman warming my insides.

"I thought you didn't believe the prophecy meant she will kill us?"

"I don't, but she gets so mad that sometimes I think there might be truth there. If we annoyed her too much she would definitely end us." I chuckled. Goddess, I loved this woman more than I can describe.