Ch. 64 - Ice Skating

Chase POV

"Where are we going?" She asked.

"For a short walk to one of my favorite places."

She bit her lip, thinking. "The mock battle, Devon and me vs Jackson and one of our Delta's, Andy, we tricked them and won. My turn." She gave me a half-smile, and I walked a little closer to her, hand in hand. "What... is your mother's name?" She asked.

"Anna. What are your parents' names?" I asked, thinking it's best to stick to simpler questions. Then I remembered she lost both her parents.

"I don't know my biological parents' names. Kenny and Josey were my adoptive parents. Favorite ice cream flavor?" The shift to lighter topics seemed to ease the tension, if only momentarily.

"Mmm, tough choice, but I'll go with chocolate pistachio."

"Never tried that flavor."

"Then we will have to get it for dessert tonight."

"Dessert? Pretty confident I won't run off halfway through dinner."

"Very confident! Have you seen what I look like?" My hand waved up and down my body.

"You're not that hot." She rolled her eyes at me.

"Oh, come on! I'm at least a solid 8.5."

"Maybe a 6. On a good day."

I mockingly gasped. "A 6? That's brutal. I'm wounded."

"Good thing looks aren't everything, huh?"

"Speak for yourself. My dazzling personality only goes so far." We both laughed, the playful banter creating a lighter atmosphere.

"Oo, your personality is not that great either, a bit childish actually."

"Lies again, pixie. I'm beginning to think I can't believe anything you say. Is your father's name really Kenny?"

"Shut up!" She playfully knocked her shoulder into me. "His name was actually King Richard. Your turn for a question, and I'll try to tell the truth this time." She joked, and I loved how quickly she let go to have a good time.

We asked question after question, learning little about each other, especially since we purposely started making up ridiculous answers to our questions, but it was the most fun I had just talking to a woman before.

"And here, my lady, is your dinner." I handed her a large turkey leg on a stick. Kiera looked at it with confusion.

"I don't know what this is? Why is such a huge piece of meat on such a large stick?"

"So we can get in our protein while walking." I smiled at her, guiding her away from the food truck and heading to the next.

She mimicked me how to chomp down on the leg, ripping a nice chunk of meat off. "This is pretty good." She hummed, her hand covering her mouth as she chewed.

"See, never underestimate a handsome Alpha. Now, for your beverage options: beer, wine, juice, or hot chocolate. Unfortunately, they don't serve shots here. My apologies to the wilder side of your culinary desires."