Ch. 61 - Old Friends

Kiera POV

"Name?" I demanded of the woman still standing at my side.

"Harper." She said confidently, arms behind her back and head held high.

"Status in army?"

"First lieutenant of the Dark Wolves."

"Dark Wolves?" I chuckled. "More like asshole wolves." I sneered, jamming my dresses into one of the cubbyholes alongside my new bed. The mattress was very thin and it didn't look too comfortable.

"You seem at odds with our Alphas. May I ask what your relationship is with them?"

"Relationship? That's a joke. We are enemies and that is all."

"Oh, right. Enemies, but ones that go on dates." She showed me a slight smile.

"I'm not dating..." my words fell short. Shit! Am I dating them. I slept with all three brothers and Chase is taking me to dinner to tonight. What the hell happened to my life?

"I don't mean to make fun, Luna. You are quite the buzz around here and I was just curious what it meant. Alpha Chase already ordered us to do as you wish for the next 72 hours. You are our commander for three days. I'm excited to see how this plays out. Personally, I'm a big fan of his games. It's the closest thing we have to entertainment around here."

I shook my head at her. I was definitely in an alternate reality. Everything that has happened since I arrived here was bizarre.

"Three days, huh?"

"At your command, but no killing anyone. Alpha River is not pleased with this arrangement and will probably rip our hearts out if we let you harm anyone."

"And Alpha Drake? Did he have a take on all this?" I crossed my arms in curiosity.

"He doesn't talk to us much. I would bet he doesn't care what any of us does as long as we don't bother him."

"How sweet." I mumbled.

"Alphas aren't usually sweet, they protect us."

"I can protect myself." I scoffed, and immediately sensed Harper's uneasiness. She was loyal to the Alphas and I won't get anywhere if I remain bitter like this. I needed to play nice, gather information, and stage a take over. "Well, since I have three days to train and command this army I shouldn't waste any time. Do you know where everyone is?"

"The rec room. After the mock war you started this morning Alpha Chase gave us the day off."

"Can you bring me there, oh, and can I have some regular clothes? Chase only provided these dresses. I'd prefer to be more relaxed and be able to move freely to fight."

Harper giggled and nodded her head to me. "I'll have new clothes for you tonight. Let's go."

I followed her back towards the entrance, examining the perimeter of the enclosed area. "Are we not allowed to leave here?"

"Southerns, no. Everything you need is here though, food, clothes, supplies, even some fun." She pointed to the one story buildings with porches. "It's like a town inside a town. Once assimilated and accepting of our pack then you can move into the more open town."

"It still feels like we are prisoners here." I looked around the tall brick walls with wire fencing and towers scattered about.

"It sort of is, but I think it's the best solution for our situation. I'm a born Northern, but harbor no hate for the South. I can't be so naive to ignore the horrors of war though. We can't trust everyone, even if we easily outnumber them ten to one."