(GN) Ch. 157 - Right My Wrongs

Kiera POV

"I always believed in you." Ruby's small voice echoed around me as the darkened world faded.

I found myself at the start of my most recent dreams, only moments from when my world fell apart.

"Is this real?" I whispered to myself. My mates were kneeling on the floor, hands clasped as sweat poured off their bodies. "I can change this," I confirmed to myself.

Katherine's grip tightened on the crystal. "You think you can defeat me?" she spat, her voice a venomous hiss.

"I know I can," I shouted back, raising my spear.

Zeus roared, and with a single, powerful stride, he charged at Katherine. She tried to summon her undead minions, but they faltered under his immense power.

"Break the crystal before she takes control!" I shouted at Elizabeth. Our eyes locked, the weight of our destiny pressing down on us. She nodded to me, delivering blow after blow to our enemies. We charged forward, using everything we had to reach Katherine in time.

With a deafening crash, Zeus collided with Katherine, his massive jaws snapping at her. Then, the crystal in her hand began to glow ominously, a blinding light erupting from it. "I command you!" Katherine roared out, and Zeus snarled back at her.

"No!" I shouted with rage, the spear in my hand lifting, whirling through the air, and piercing right through the round ball in her hand.

"Kill her!" Katherine growled menacingly as the magic she wielded faded from her fingertips.

As Zeus turned his head towards me, his eyes glowing red with pure evil, my heart faltered. I didn't change anything. This ancient beast will still ravage all our people unless I stop him.

"Your time is done, Dietus!" My voice rang out, my chin lifted in defiance. My eyes glowed with a purple hue of pure power, the intensity of it radiating from my very soul.

"This is my time! You can go to hell!" I spat, venom dripping from each word. Zeus lowered to all fours, his saliva dripping from razor-sharp teeth as he snarled at me. I reached deep into my soul, connecting with the dark, enticing power within him, feeling its pull like a siren's call.

'Don't kill him, Athena. We just need to weaken him enough to trap him,' I pleaded internally, the weight of our mission heavy on my heart.

'We won't lose our mates or son. Not this time,' Athena declared with unwavering resolve, channeling her strength into every fiber of my being, fortifying my spirit.

"Finish him, Cherie," Chase's voice cut through the chaos, bringing a smile to my lips. His presence felt like a perfect, grounding force amidst the storm.

"Not today, lover," I whispered back, letting my power recede. "Pull him back, now!" I commanded the brothers, my voice a blend of authority and desperation.

"You have to end him. He is too strong," River said, his eyes reflecting the harsh reality of our dire situation. These were his final moments, and the truth of it was etched deeply in his gaze.

"I won't do that," I said, my voice trembling as I slowly backed away, my eyes locked on the beast before me. Zeus howled in pain, struggling to regain the power I was draining from him. "Drake, pull him back. If I kill him, you all die, even our son. I've seen it, lived through the agony and emptiness of that choice. Don't make me watch you die all over again, please." I turned to my mate, the eldest of the triplets, the one with the power to help me fix our past mistakes.

"Doll, he can't..." Drake's voice wavered as he began to plead, thinking of the greater good.

"Sebastian will die! Pull him back, and we'll find another way," I demanded, my voice fierce as the light within me faded completely, releasing Zeus from my hold. The beast roared angrily, his growls reverberating through the ground beneath us. Drake and I locked eyes, silently trying to convey our desperate understanding to each other. "Please, help me," I begged, my voice breaking.