(GN) Ch. 124 - Decisions

Kiera POV

I didn't know what was happening to me, but I was so tired of fighting it. Being with Chase felt incredibly right. In his arms, I felt complete, at home, and safe beyond words. After enduring so much evil for too long, I needed to feel the hope he gave me.

"We have to get to the meeting," I reluctantly interjected, breaking the spell of the most perfect moment I had ever experienced. For a while, we had simply sat together, silently holding each other, and in that embrace, I had known without a doubt that this was what real love felt like.

"Do we really have to save the world?" Chase whined, his tone playful, eliciting a giggle from me as I nestled against his chest.

"It seems like the right thing to do," I replied, playfully lifting my head to meet his gaze. The weight of the world's problems momentarily forgotten in the warmth of our connection.

"Can't we just run away? Be together with just the two of us?" Chase's suggestion hung in the air, tempting and alluring.

"As tempting as that sounds, we would be eaten alive by guilt and failed duty. You are an Alpha, aren't you?" I teased him, unable to resist the magnetic pull of his playful gaze. His handsome features were a constant distraction, and I found myself running my fingers through his long black hair, lost in the intensity of his bright green eyes.

"I am your Alpha, baby," he retorted, a mischievous grin tugging at his lips, which only made me want him more.

"You are my Alpha," I affirmed, sealing my words with a tender kiss.

"Mmm, I can't wait to have you all alone," he admitted, a primal growl rumbling from his wolf as I rose to my feet. I turned to face him, a coy smile playing on my lips.

"Soon, lover. Come with me and help me save our people. I promise to reward you after," I teased, winking at him as he eagerly took my hand to stand. His towering presence loomed over me, igniting a fiery heat within me as I gazed up at my mate, ready to face whatever challenges lay ahead together.

"You're a tease, Cherie." He whispered, leaning to my ear as we left the kitchen.

"And you love it." I glanced at him, and his eyes widened.

"Fuck yes, I do." He nearly shouted, and I giggled back to him. Chase was mine, and I was done denying it. He was right that I didn't feel as strong of a need to mark him anymore; I just needed him close to me. If Drake and River finish the rejection, maybe we stand a chance to make this work. It wouldn't be as strong of a connection as I feel now, but I knew I would still love him, be devoted to him, and want to spend my life at his side.

"Luna." Everyone spoke respectfully as I walked into the room, hand in hand with Chase.

Elizabeth gave us a smile of such gratitude, bowing her head at us both. "Luna, Alpha. It's good to see you as one." She sincerely said.

A part of me still felt threatened by her, but I knew it was a foolish emotion that I would never act on. Elizabeth was a friend and the most loyal pack member any leader could hope to have at their side. I hoped that my jealousy for her would disappear once River rejected me. I felt ashamed to even think of harming her, especially over an Alpha that didn't deserve either one of us.

"Lizzy," Chase spoke cheerfully at her presence. "I see you found our Luna and helped keep her safe. I knew River chose his companion wisely."

I growled at his words and turned from them all. Chase's arm came to my waist. "Sorry, I didn't think you..."

"I don't!" I cut him off. "Once he rejects me, I'll stop feeling so stupid."