(GN) Ch. 98 - It's Time

Kiera POV

"Cherie, you're making this very difficult." Chase tried speaking to me, but I hollered over his words. I needed to taste River's blood. He used me, lied to me, and then twice he tried to claim me against my will. He didn't deserve to live.

"Please forgive me, baby," Chase squealed as he threw me in a tub full of ice.

"You bastard!" I screamed, my body instantly shivering as the cold shocked me to the core.

"What the hell happened?" Becky yelled as she ran to my side, lifting my body from the tub and wrapping a towel around me.

"She was trying to kill River. I didn't know what else to do. Athena doesn't back down. She's fucking brutal." Chase looked over the deep scratches on his arms. I looked away, feeling a little bad about them, but he's an Alpha that will heal quickly.

"What did Alpha River do?" Becky questioned with a scowl.

"He isn't an Alpha. He is pathetic! He is scum!" I cursed his name.

"Ok, Cherie, let's take some deep breaths and relax. You don't want to kill anyone." Chase looked at Becky. "Let's refrain from saying his name for now."

"What did he do?" Becky asked again, and Chase opened his mouth to speak, but nothing came out.

"It doesn't matter." I spat out, pulling the towel more tightly around me. "I'm down with all this. I'm done with the North. Do you have everything prepared?" I asked her.

"Yes, of course. Are you sure we should leave so quickly, though? We have a lot of people and three babies traveling with us, Luna."

"We need to leave now."

"Now?" Chase shouted.

"You're not coming," I growled at him, eyes heating and ready to attack again.

"We need to get you in warm clothes before we do anything. Alpha Chase, let her calm down, and then we can speak." Becky said.

"We have nothing to speak about." I retorted. I felt betrayed in a multitude of ways by that damn arrogant man. I can't trust any of them.

"Cherie," Chase whined to me, and I almost cracked. I was acting like a spoiled little girl who wasn't getting her way and taking it out on him. I knew it wasn't fair, but I needed to get away from all of them.

"Alpha, please." Becky pleaded with him, and Chase stepped back.

"Kiera, don't leave without seeing me first. Please, just give me a chance to explain." His sad eyes looked me over, and I clenched my jaw. My fight wasn't with him.

"I need to change and meet with my generals. Come see me in an hour." I spoke like it was an order.

"One hour, Cherie." Chase smiled like a little kid to me, then walked away. I felt a tear inside me as he left. It was like he took my arm with him.

"What is going on?" Becky sighed, all the tension in her body releasing once he was gone.

"River is just like the rest of them. A lying, cheating, scumbag. Once I kill Jackson, I'll return to rid the world of him, too." Athena was strong in my words as I stomped out of the bathroom.

"Oh! I didn't know you and River were a thing. So, all three you had? Wow! What was that like?" Becky began rattling off to me.

I shot her a look that wiped the smile right off her face.

"Right, you don't want to talk about it."

We silently walked back to the barracks and headed right to the warm showers. When I was done changing, most of the people who once resided in the barracks were packed and gathering outside.